V-Moda XS - disappointment in quality and customer service
Nov 28, 2017 at 7:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Shaitan

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I was hoping for some advise and suggestions on this problem.

After long research, I decided on a new pair of headphones. About a week ago I purchased the highly acclaimed V-Moda XS, for which I had read many positive reviews on the high level of build quality, as well as, customer service.

I am quite dissapointed in both aspects for the following reasons. After receiving the pair, I connected the cable in the left earcup (as is my prefered side to keep the cable on). Immediatelly I noticed very loud clicking noise when I was moving my head around. Initially I thought this was cable noise, so didn't pay attention the first few times. However, it got really annoying and I tried to look what may be causing this. When I tried to wiggle the cable (while connected in the earcup) I noticed that the connector inside the earcup, was moving around in the enclosure, causing for the connector to hit on the inside of the earcup, causing the noise. I tried the right earcup, but there all seems OK and there was no such noise (just the regular cable noise). To me this looks like an obvious manufacturing defect.

I contacted V-Moda and yesterday received email from them offering to send me a box through which I can send the pair to them (not sure where - as I live in Belgium) for a repair.

In my opinion, as this is a brand new pair (barely a week old) of headphones, purchased from official retailer by the company (Amazon), I should receive a direct replacement, rather than having these repaired. Given the claims for high level of manufacturing and customer service, I think the reasonable option is for me to go to appointed retailer within Belgium and receive replacement and return to them the current pair.

Am I being unreasonable or does the head-fi community agree with this? What would you think is the correct approach to this problem?

Appreciate your oppinions.
Regards

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #2 of 3
You are absolutely correct that you should receive a replacement instead of a repair, but in this case you contacted the wrong company. If it's less than a week old, you should have contacted the retailer on Amazon you bought from or Amazon, not V-Moda. Unless you bought directly from V-Moda, you really shouldn't have to contact them if your product is within the return period or your seller is being especially fussy.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 3
A quick update, seems the 6-star service level of V-Moda will stand true as they have sent me a mail that a replacement is on the way. Many thanks to them for this quick decision. Will update again upon actual receipt.

@Dulalala - thanks for the feedback from you. The reason I contacted V-Moda directly (and not Amazon), is because on one of the booklets they were asking to contact them directly rather than returning products to the seller. I respect this request as maybe they want to be the first to be able to deal (or decide how to deal) with any issue which may arise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back