V-MODA XS: A first look at the new V-MODA XS with Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Apr 1, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #151 of 394
Just saw that review im about to seriously cry they sound so damn good, but I have to save up some cash for them. What headphone amp would you recomend that is in the $50-$120 range to use with them?

They sounded good to your eyes? Haha.

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #152 of 394
  Argh, you're all torturing me. I can't wait to get my hands on these.

USPS is torturing me. They returned my package to V-Moda citing that my address was vacant. Uh... what? I've contacted V-Moda support to have them ship it back to me once they receive the package. Hopefully I can them to arrive before my trip on Friday as I want to test them in travel.

Apr 1, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #155 of 394

Argh, you're all torturing me. I can't wait to get my hands on these.

USPS is torturing me. They returned my package to V-Moda citing that my address was vacant. Uh... what? I've contacted V-Moda support to have them ship it back to me once they receive the package. Hopefully I can them to arrive before my trip on Friday as I want to test them in travel.

Mine arrived within 3 days. I live in Australia. Strange. :O

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #157 of 394
Mine arrived within 3 days. I live in Australia. Strange. :O

Oh mine got here in 2 days, but the postal service said my address was vacant and returned it to V-Moda. Grrr....

V-M leave mine on my doorstep. Next time, put in the order notes to leave on doorstep. :)

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #158 of 394
V-M leave mine on my doorstep. Next time, put in the order notes to leave on doorstep.
smily_headphones1.gif

It isn't in any way V-Moda's fault. I recently moved into my new home and unfortunately even though I have mail being delivered to my address, the postal service decided that the house was unoccupied when it came time to deliver the headphones. The delivery did make it on the truck and to my house, but according to the deliverer nobody lives here and they would be unable to deliver it. Basically, either I had a different delivery driver that day or they simply wanted to taunt me. Either way, it made me sad.

Now I'm just waiting on the package to find its way back to V-Moda so it can once again be shipped out to me.

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #163 of 394
Thanks for the video.  Val remains one of the few people that seems to be listening to the community.  When the M80 hit I was very impressed and now that some of the fit issues may be addressed I hope the XS is another success.

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #164 of 394
Gizmodo's review suggests that the Momentum On-Ear is better sounding than the XS, albeit with poorer build quality.

http://gizmodo.com/v-moda-xs-headphones-review-indestructible-cans-with-r-1551890986

Should I buy it?

If you like the slim, collapsable design and aren't too fussy about sound, go for it. While the V-Moda XS cans sound fine, I think Sennheiser's Momentum on-ear headphones offer more faithful, cleaner sound for the same $200 price. That said, the Momentum don't quite stack up when it comes to V-Moda's durable build quality.

For those who are privileged to hear both, do you agree that this is true?

Also, I know that the Sony MDR-1R is over-ear but how does that compare to the XS with respect to sound, given that the 1R is also around the same $200 price currently.

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #165 of 394
Gizmodo's review suggests that the Momentum On-Ear is better sounding than the XS, albeit with poorer build quality.

http://gizmodo.com/v-moda-xs-headphones-review-indestructible-cans-with-r-1551890986

Should I buy it?

If you like the slim, collapsable design and aren't too fussy about sound, go for it. While the V-Moda XS cans sound fine, I think Sennheiser's Momentum on-ear headphones offer more faithful, cleaner sound for the same $200 price. That said, the Momentum don't quite stack up when it comes to V-Moda's durable build quality.

For those who are privileged to hear both, do you agree that this is true?

Also, I know that the Sony MDR-1R is over-ear but how does that compare to the XS with respect to sound, given that the 1R is also around the same $200 price currently.

Lelele Gizmodo don't know anything. Don't take them seriously since it's a bias review; the reviewers opinion.
I've tried the on-ear momentums and I have the XS. The XS is the clear winner, nothing can beat that new anti-clamping at the moment.
The momentums offer a cleaner sound, yes. But. get a equalizing app like canopener, buy a cheap $100 amp (cough FiiO cough) and they top the momentum on ear by far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back