V-Moda vs Ultrasone HFI 780 vs M-Audio Q40 ?
Oct 20, 2012 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JohnLD

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Posts
104
Likes
11
FIRST QUESTION: I own Sennheiser HD 439's, I am a bass junky, and listen mostly to dubstep and remixes of songs, should I buy the FIIO e11 amp with L9 LOD? or are the headphones listed in the title better?
 
SECOND QUESTION: Which of the headphones in my title are best for listening to heavy bass music?
 
 
OVER THE EAR CLOSED BACK HEADPHONES ONLY
 
Budget 100>300
 
comfortable, durable and attractive? ( nothing too bulky...ill be using these in public)
 
Oct 20, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 10

JohnLD

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Posts
104
Likes
11
Quote:
The M-100 are amazing but you probably won't get them until around Christmas if you were to pre-order now!

On V-Moda's website, they are already out? but they are $310.00 are they worth it? the Crossfade LP and LP2's are only $199.00. Also do you know the MAJOR differences between the LP/LP2 and the m-100
 
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #5 of 10

DaBomb77766

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Posts
3,068
Likes
70
Quote:
On V-Moda's website, they are already out? but they are $310.00 are they worth it? the Crossfade LP and LP2's are only $199.00. Also do you know the MAJOR differences between the LP/LP2 and the m-100

Well the M-100 is slightly more neutral with less bass, more treble and less recessed mids basically.  The LP2s have bass that can be overpowering at times - but if you really are that much of a basshead, they might suit you!  They are excellent for electronic music, though could use a bit more treble sparkle.
 
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #6 of 10

JohnLD

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Posts
104
Likes
11
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #7 of 10

risenfallen

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 6, 2011
Posts
229
Likes
28
Location
USA
Quote:
FIRST QUESTION: I own Sennheiser HD 439's, I am a bass junky, and listen mostly to dubstep and remixes of songs, should I buy the FIIO e11 amp with L9 LOD? or are the headphones listed in the title better?
 
SECOND QUESTION: Which of the headphones in my title are best for listening to heavy bass music?
 
 
OVER THE EAR CLOSED BACK HEADPHONES ONLY
 
Budget 100>300
 
comfortable, durable and attractive? ( nothing too bulky...ill be using these in public)

 
I'd go for the HFI-780. It's easily one of the best in its price range and does electronic music wonderfully. Plus it scales up well with the E11 if you plan to buy the amp.
 
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 10

DaBomb77766

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Posts
3,068
Likes
70
Quote:
Well I am comparing the m-100's to the LP/LP2's which are both over the ear. Im acring as if the M-100's are an upgrade of the LP2's even though they aren't.

They are definitely an upgrade to me.  The bass is better, even if there is less of it.  It might not be quite as "fun" as the LP2 for really bass heavy music, but you'll be able to listen to music that isn't bass heavy too - and since they have a better balance, the sub bass shows up a little more relative to the mid bass.  I think the bass is great with the M-100 though and I'm a bit of a basshead myself!
 
Oct 20, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #9 of 10

Roller

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Posts
3,813
Likes
86
Quote:
 
I'd go for the HFI-780. It's easily one of the best in its price range and does electronic music wonderfully. Plus it scales up well with the E11 if you plan to buy the amp.

 
^This. Or for a slightly less balanced set that has more emphasized (quality) bass, go for the HFI-580. Add an amp like a PA2V2 or a Fiio E11 and you're all set.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top