V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Aug 22, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #1,366 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjim82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Long time lurker - first time poster

Just got my Vibes yesterday. They're my first IEMs and I'm very impressed.

Look good - sound good What more can you ask for?

Heh, my Vibes came in today.
gs1000.gif

They are just awesome coming from stock iBuds.
tongue.gif

The bass is definately more defined and clear compared to the murky sounding bass of the stock buds. The whole spectrum is actually better defined, I can clearly hear every note on the guitar, where before it just sounded as an all-together, unnatural sounding, overall kind of sound. The soundstaging is definately better as well. They just sound a world better than the stock iBuds. The isolation is also very good. Very comfortable to wear and very stylish.

Very happy with this purchase.
cool.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #1,367 of 1,475
Great! What ones did you receive?

Aug 22, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #1,368 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great! What ones did you receive?

Flashback Chrome
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #1,370 of 1,475
Shamless plug:

If anyone is interested in buyng a used pair, check out my FS add in my sig or forum.

Thanks!

BTW, I do like the sound of the vibes too. It's just unfortunate my ears don't like canalphones :\.

Aug 23, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #1,371 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by FiReSToRM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vergency, did u get the black pouch? and do those vibes have that strain relief plug?

thnx!

Yes, I got a pair from a new batch since they got back-ordered on Amazon. They came with a black pouch (which just so happens to fit around my Nano just perfectly) and have the strain relief plug.

Happy Head-Fi'ing
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #1,372 of 1,475
If this question has been answered before, I apologize for asking again (I can't find the answer easily by doing search and I don't feel like wading through all 69 pages.)

How can I tell which generation of the RedRoxx Vibes I have? Anybody has comparison pics?

Aug 23, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #1,373 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by tlie00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If this question has been answered before, I apologize for asking again (I can't find the answer easily by doing search and I don't feel like wading through all 69 pages.)

How can I tell which generation of the RedRoxx Vibes I have? Anybody has comparison pics?

Well for starters, if your plug has strain relief (a little black piece of rubber), then you have a newer model. Also I recall Val mentioning something about the tips you get with them, but I don't entirely remember; but the post is in this thread.

Aug 28, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #1,376 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by drowning_lessons /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone, new poster trying to get a hold of some gunmetal moda-phones, unfortunately I have no clue when amazon will have them back in stock :/

Items Ordered
1 of: V-MODA Vibe Earbuds - Flashback Chrome [Electronics]
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Order Placed: August 6, 2007
Shipping estimate: August 20, 2007
Delivery estimate: August 27, 2007 - August 31, 2007

Delivery Recieved: August 22, 2007

Although I ordered a different color, it should roughly be around the same wait time from amazon, or maybe less because gunmetal has higher demand so they may stock up quicker.

Sep 3, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #1,377 of 1,475
Got my 2nd Gen Vibes today, and they do have less clarity then my 1G, but I do like that they have more bass and a bit more isolation or is that just because I used V-Moda Remixes while my vibes were gone?
tongue.gif

Edit: With the Treble Booster EQ on my iPod the sound is fine imo, without it it's a bit too bass heavy, and I really like the new design of the plug, way better (and not only the sound and the plug changed, the color did too :/)

Sep 4, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #1,378 of 1,475
hi ppl. iv had a pair of v-moda vibes for about 4 days now and left them on for the whole duration to let them burn in, but i still have one major issue with them. the snare drum just doesnt cut through the music enough, its not loud or defined enough. also the cymbals are not loud enough. has anyone else experienced this? do u think it will get better in time?

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #1,379 of 1,475
Everytime I try to sign-up with the little VIP card they give you in the package, it never follows through (or at least I'm not getting a confirmation email like it says I should get). Anyone know if there's anything been happening with V-Moda?

Sep 4, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #1,380 of 1,475
It's been a question mark for a bit as to what they've been up to. They haven't released the new products they said they would, and Val hasn't been on here for a while, where he used to be fairly active. So who knows, but for the record the card doesn't do much, I've never seen anything from it.

*Not that this indicates that the company may be in trouble, it just indicates a priority shift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back