V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Jul 11, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #1,321 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently noticed that there were some negative feedback on http://shop.v-moda.com/p-24-vibe-duo.aspx about the vibe duos. They have since been deleted. Seems like v-moda is trying to keep all their reviews positive eh?

Wow, seriously? That's pretty unbelievable. Seriously BS.

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #1,322 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently noticed that there were some negative feedback on http://shop.v-moda.com/p-24-vibe-duo.aspx about the vibe duos. They have since been deleted. Seems like v-moda is trying to keep all their reviews positive eh?

Lets see now... Why would a person who clearly states they do not like the Vibes be looking at the V-moda website? And then complain about deleted feedback? Logic dictates you are the one leaving negative feedback.

Souperman, you've been a troll in this thread from the start and now you are leaving negative feedback on V-moda's site! Grow up punk! If you don't like a product cool. But you do not own the vibe duo, do you. So why leave feedback?

Snot-nosed little kids...

Ply

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #1,323 of 1,475
Alright, I just checked, there are no other major IEM manufacturers that even offer the option to immediately submit reviews for customers to view. Put bluntly it isn't possible for the other companies to publicly get a bad review on their own website because that option simply isn't there. Maybe V-Moda should simply do away with this option as well and only post positive comments like everyone else shouldn't they? That seems to be the industry standard. At least you stand a chance of adding a few negatives here. Much less screening than the other companies, yet when they screen at all they get speared for it because they usually don't have screening. Great.

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #1,324 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lets see now... Why would a person who clearly states they do not like the Vibes be looking at the V-moda website? And then complain about deleted feedback? Logic dictates you are the one leaving negative feedback.

Souperman, you've been a troll in this thread from the start and now you are leaving negative feedback on V-moda's site! Grow up punk! If you don't like a product cool. But you do not own the vibe duo, do you. So why leave feedback?

Ply

Not really, he was probably just curious about the duos... If they're any better than the other version. Much like I am. You've taken something completely out of context.

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #1,325 of 1,475
If so then I humbly apologize to Souperman. But think about this, how many times would you check the site to see how a hated iem is doing, once maybe. Noticing deleted feedback requires repeated looks at the site, thus showing a very strong motive...

Ply

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #1,326 of 1,475
Quote:

If so then I humbly apologize to Souperman. But think about this, how many times would you check the site to see how a hated iem is doing, once maybe. Noticing deleted feedback requires repeated looks at the site, thus showing a very strong motive...

Ply

Who knows.. I personally think otherwise though.

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #1,327 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While their products aren't perfect, they can't be that bad.

Yes, but the spectrum of commentary will always range from absolute praise to utter castigation.

I'm not interested in judging V-Moda's undisclosed policy on site-reported feedback (which is their business, not mine). What I would like to address is the idea that criticism equals trolling.

I haven't bothered to comment on the Vibes' sound or lack of isolation because those aspects seem a matter of taste and are therefore up to the listener (some people feel the ER-4P are too isolating, dry and detailed, while others love those qualities). To dismiss their sound would be like saying the sound of an iPod is "awful": a useless comment with misleading emphasis. A more honest comment might be, "I don't like Steve Jobs."

However, the thing I've been warned about re V-Moda is QC. I had the chance to examine and use a pair of Vibes a few months back and didn't experience any of the QC issues certain users complain of. Even so: I'm not accustomed to having a friend at J&R warn me about a disproportunate number of returns due to the earphones "falling apart," supposedly, "once a month." (That person felt the Vibes "sound great and look terrific," by the way.) Sobering complaints of that sort need to be addressed.

In the midst of the hype in 2006, the one thing that stopped me from buying a pair of red or mocha Vibes was the QC issue. I went to J&R, the SoHo Apple Store and Amazon with the intent to buy and stopped each time to reflect on the QC issue.

I see nothing wrong with addressing said issue respectfully and politely, since it will matter to many of us in the long run, and V-Moda is no doubt looking for cautious customers as well as early adopters. If the matter has been dealt with and/or the complaints prove to be unfounded, then let's put that on the table so that future buyers can proceed without apprehension.

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #1,328 of 1,475
Quote:

Ply

I accept your apologies, and I do apologize for trolling. Your accusation is completely false. The first time I looked at it, I saw some negative feedback, and I was quite surprised since the item didn't come out for very long and there was feedback already. I then suggested someone use those for their iPhone (yes I was endorsing V-moda's product today) and I linked them to the site, and while linking them I noticed that the negative feedback was gone. So, I feel as if your accusations were quite outrageous and rude, but I won't be back here again that's for sure
600smile.gif
!

Jul 11, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #1,329 of 1,475
just got the vmodas today. i hope what everyone's saying is true.

straight out of the box they sound like junk stock earbuds to me. i can tell the bass on this thing is pretty strong, but it just sounds like it's trying to drown out the muffled sound. but after 2 hours it's starting to sound really nice. very different compared to the e4cs.

after burn-in, i think they sound pretty good.. but im not really overwhelmed. they are decent good to me.

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #1,330 of 1,475
i have no idea if someone has already asked this. and i TRIED looking through this thread but it is way too long. are you supposed to wear these over the ear? or earbud style?

Jul 17, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #1,332 of 1,475
does anyone else have problems with the sound cutting out from one ear randomly for the vibes? it seems to be affected by the moving of the cable closest to the plug, and this is from normal use/wear and tear... nothing of any harsh or extreme nature either...

Jul 17, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #1,333 of 1,475
Quote:

Ply

I think our webmaster deleted two reviews on Vibe Duo not because we're deleting negative reviews, but because we hadn't shipped a SINGLE UNIT when the bad reviews were left! Who could have listened or tried them?

Also, we have CAUGHT our competitors posting so if it doesn't seem like a "true" review then it shouldnt be there. All our competitor sites make you register and go through a review process before ANY review is posted, ours are "anonymous" and they post immediately which is more than any other does. Additionally, we have updated the Vibes several times after each review/feedback we have ever received.

The plug on all Vibes is all new and has re-enforcement. Our QC is a whole team, and we have the best in the industry and best in customer support. Our factories hate us because we always have US engineers overseeing every single unit in production vs most manufacturers just let the factories run on their own. I'll write a little more about sound variance and QC, but as iLounge says in their book lower end brands can have +-30dB because these things are so small and any small variance in adhesive or materials causes large sound changes. This is the "V-MASQUE" QC we call it, our sound has to fall within our mask or we recycle the unit until its within strict specs. A quick example is the paper sound dampening padding inside. If its any point off in thickness or the shape is cut wrong just 1mm, it causes +-12dB variances. Therefore we import the paper dampening materials as we couldnt find a good enough supplier locally for it. Many other companies would probably live with the variances, but our brand quality and reputation depends on having consistent sound.

The former audio engineer from Consumer Reports and several other high-end audio brands is employed full time by V-MODA and is on the assembly line every day as he heads up our QC team.

best,

val

Jul 17, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #1,334 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, we have CAUGHT our competitors posting

What competitors so I know not to buy from them. That is just downright wrong. Under these circumstances I see no issue at all deleting posts then. That changes everything.

Jul 17, 2007 at 8:05 PM Post #1,335 of 1,475
Since my name has been cleared from the ridiculous accusation from plywood, I was just wondering how there were positive reviews there then if no units had been shipped out
cool.gif
. Just wondering, nothing personal. BTW, I DID actually get my friend to get into the Vibe Duo's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back