V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Jan 27, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #511 of 1,475
Faster then earbuds for me...earbuds don't quite balance in the ear well, flimsy.

The cord stickiness is nice cause it takes on the desired shape easily though. You wrap it around the player, it will stay, and then will be easy to straighten out.

Jan 27, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #512 of 1,475
The cord stickiness is excellent for us over the ear types. Tugging never gets translated to the phones. That's especially good now that I'm settled on the small black tips. I'm not drilling deep anymore (previous now redacted thread), but I do prefer to go deeper over snugger. SQ advantage IMHO.

Jan 27, 2007 at 2:46 AM Post #513 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by bpm2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So ive had more time with em now, more impressions.

First, I'm either just too used to the in-head sound from earbuds but the sound from the vibes seem "distant" to me. This is not necessarily a bad thing, and seems to resemble a bit of soundstage in iems! but I am having a hard time distinguishing it from a veil (or recess) of sorts at the same time. Perhaps i am also trying to compare them to the striking clarity of etys which these are not trying to do. Still getting used to the sound, but am enjoying it nonetheless. will have to assess in a few more weeks if it can become "my" sound.

Fit after continued used -I just popped em in with the smallest tips they already had on there and I was worried about the comfort level coming from the etys, but these are really easy to put in, pull out, almost as fast as earbuds which is a HUGE plus for me.

Cord is nice, (have the chrome) but seems a bit "sticky". I cant just wrap these around on something or else they are prone to tangling. I dont really like the supplied cord wrap either so I'm not using that.

believe me, there is no veil with the vibes. they are very headphone sounding and may take a bit to get used to coming from canalphones. listen to them for awhile. i think you just need to get used to them.

Jan 27, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #514 of 1,475
Yes! Just got my Vibes in the mail. Based on my initial 10 minutes with them, I really like what I'm hearing! I will post later with more feedback once I've spent more time with them. Thanks Val
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #515 of 1,475
im sorry i havent followed this thread for a long time.

has anyone compared the super.fi 5 pro and vibe already?

Jan 27, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #516 of 1,475
My Vibes will never arrive *sigh*

Jan 27, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #517 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by lukealexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Vibes will never arrive *sigh*

Believe me, I want them to arrive as much as you do!

Do you have a tracking # on them?

Jan 27, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #518 of 1,475
Normal international shipping like UK is USPS Global, and unfortunately they don't have detailed tracking as only UPS/DHL/Fedex do this for international. Hang in there, and pray to the customs gods.
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #521 of 1,475
Sorry if anybody had a delay for new products, trust me we try our absolute hardest to ship as quickly as we can. Red Roxx IS in stock now and shipping. We shipped the first 96 orders about a week ago, shipped many Friday, and the rest will ship out on Monday. If anybody got Red or La Mocha yet, would love to see photos of rigs with these colors.

Red Roxx will be rolling out to Apple Stores (exclusive retailer for Red Roxx in February), in time for Valentine's day gifts.

Jan 28, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #522 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by joan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course, those of us who were billed on the 6 Jan for Red Roxx ("1-2 weeks") are starting to get a teensy bit inpatient with "not yet shipped"

Or is it just me?

joan

its just you joan
biggrin.gif

I'm in the same boat and, sooner than get all eat up and panic - even if I am #2 in the queue according to val, I am contenting myself with the fact that when they do arrive my earphones will be so drop dead gorgiously
cool.gif
to look at it will make the black and/or white crowd green with envy
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #523 of 1,475
I just bought this inline volume control from Radio Shack and it works very well in eliminating all the background hiss when using the vibes with my 5G iPod. I think its better than the Shure attenuator because looking from the pics, the volume pod looks huge on the Shure, while the pod on the Radio Shack one is quite small. Only problem now is that the total cord is bit long, but its not too bad.

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #524 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by retic3nt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought this inline volume control from Radio Shack and it works very well in eliminating all the background hiss when using the vibes with my 5G iPod. I think its better than the Shure attenuator because looking from the pics, the volume pod looks huge on the Shure, while the pod on the Radio Shack one is quite small. Only problem now is that the total cord is bit long, but its not too bad.

Still doesn't explain why you are having a hiss problem with the Vibes and your 5G iPod. Something's not right. I have the iPod 5.5G and there is no hiss with my Vibes.

Jan 28, 2007 at 5:18 AM Post #525 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if anybody had a delay for new products, trust me we try our absolute hardest to ship as quickly as we can. Red Roxx IS in stock now and shipping. We shipped the first 96 orders about a week ago, shipped many Friday, and the rest will ship out on Monday. If anybody got Red or La Mocha yet, would love to see photos of rigs with these colors.

Red Roxx will be rolling out to Apple Stores (exclusive retailer for Red Roxx in February), in time for Valentine's day gifts.

I see where mine were shipped out on Friday. I look forward to them in combination with my SuperMacro LE or iBasso P1 and Monica II dac.

Back in the land of the free. Even one of my friends from China emailed me and said he was glad I made it back to true freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back