V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Jan 14, 2007 at 11:43 AM Post #438 of 1,475
I picked up the vibes today from the mall of america. My source is a 3G 20Gig iPod. At first I didn't find them justifying their price tag and gave up after about 30 mins of listening, deciding I was going to return them tomorrow but I forgot that I was going into the vibes coming from the iPod's 2nd gen earphones ( having previously given up on finding a pair of earphones as smooth as my PX100s. Tried the e2cs and er6is, and found them to be harsh ; $100 budget mind you). After a few hours of listening, my ears have gotten used to the vibes. Firstly they are very comfortable and physically non-fatiguing. They're put in and taken out with minimal effort. As for SQ, they have a very rich, pleasing, and smooth sound signature. I noticed right away that they sound more like a pair of headphones (read: excellent soundstaging) and that they really didn't feel like earphones at all. Though they fall a tad short (again a tad) in the treble dept (which you can fix with any EQ), bass is present, punchy, and transparent. Mids are ever so present and richly detailed. Overall I felt that the SQ was true to the music being reproduced.

Let me also add that they vibes REALLY shine on my dance tracks (MSTRKRFT, Justice, Yuksek, Hot Chip, Sebastien Leger, etc.)

Word.

Jan 15, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #440 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gzim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gotta say that I love my vibes, I got the flashbacks (why no love for the chrome??) and the cord is amazing at never tangling (or atleast untangling with minimal effort)

I got Flashback too...Gotta Make a statement with 100$, Chrome in my ears..nice =p

When I told my friends they said I was Insane =0
Good to hear that is tangle resistant.

Tis killing me inside waiting for them to get here.

Jan 15, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #441 of 1,475
Ya? My friend thought I was insane till I shoved one of the buds in his ear. Then he thought he was insane.

Jan 15, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #442 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaied /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up the vibes today from the mall of america. My source is a 3G 20Gig iPod. At first I didn't find them justifying their price tag and gave up after about 30 mins of listening, deciding I was going to return them tomorrow but I forgot that I was going into the vibes coming from the iPod's 2nd gen earphones ( having previously given up on finding a pair of earphones as smooth as my PX100s. Tried the e2cs and er6is, and found them to be harsh ; $100 budget mind you). After a few hours of listening, my ears have gotten used to the vibes. Firstly they are very comfortable and physically non-fatiguing. They're put in and taken out with minimal effort. As for SQ, they have a very rich, pleasing, and smooth sound signature. I noticed right away that they sound more like a pair of headphones (read: excellent soundstaging) and that they really didn't feel like earphones at all. Though they fall a tad short (again a tad) in the treble dept (which you can fix with any EQ), bass is present, punchy, and transparent. Mids are ever so present and richly detailed. Overall I felt that the SQ was true to the music being reproduced.

Let me also add that they vibes REALLY shine on my dance tracks (MSTRKRFT, Justice, Yuksek, Hot Chip, Sebastien Leger, etc.)

Word.

Be aware that the vibes may sound harsh and unbalanced first, because they need a burn-in. After making a burn-in (let the vibes play music a bit louder than you listen normally; this is best done during night) they should sound better. If you don't want to make a burn-in you can alternatively just use them and they will get better and better in hours of use until they reach their full capabilities. In fact it is the same thing but a burn-in does faster.

By the way I got my flashback chrome last friday and I am really impressed. The only thing which I don't like so much is the fact that even the Sony MDR-51 give a bit more isolation. But it's no problem. The positive aspect of this is that you can hear someone who talks to you when you have no musik or on low volume. If you turn up volume you barely hear someone talking. You have to concentrate when someone talks very loud but then you are able to hear.
But the sound is just awesome. I showed the vibes in pics to my girlfriend before I bought them. She loved the design but I knew that she thought, she would never spend so much money for earphones. As soon as I got them she was impresssed on how good they looked in reality and then I saw in this forum that valkoton finally announced the new colours. So I showed the new ones to my girlfriend and she was quite impressed by the "La Mocha" and started to think of buying these. I told here that she should compare her cheapo earphones to my vibes first and then decide. So I gave her my vibes first and as I expected she liked the sound quality and how comfortable they are. Then she took out her other earphones, plugged them in and started to listen the same song... after 5 seconds she took them out of her ears by saying "What?"
basshead.gif
. I think this was clear enough
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #443 of 1,475
I finally placed my order for a Gunmetal Black pair a few minutes ago. Free shipping for California residents! Hooray!! I was going to order them from the Apple website, but the Gunmetal Blacks are backordered 1-2 weeks. I can't wait to try them out. I mentioned in another Thread that they looked hot. They do indeed, and soon I'll see if they sound as good as they look. Judging by the feedback in this thread, i'm in for a treat! Can't wait!

Jan 16, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #445 of 1,475
I am considering the Sennheiser CX300s and the V-Moda Vibes.

A more detailed comparison of the two would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #446 of 1,475
I don't have any CX300 but as far as I know the vibes outperform the Sennheiser. I know here are a lot of pages in this thread but they are quite informative and a lot of comparisons. iirc there is also a comparison to the Sennheiser.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #447 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be aware that the vibes may sound harsh and unbalanced first, because they need a burn-in. After making a burn-in (let the vibes play music a bit louder than you listen normally; this is best done during night) they should sound better. If you don't want to make a burn-in you can alternatively just use them and they will get better and better in hours of use until they reach their full capabilities. In fact it is the same thing but a burn-in does faster.

By the way I got my flashback chrome last friday and I am really impressed. The only thing which I don't like so much is the fact that even the Sony MDR-51 give a bit more isolation. But it's no problem. The positive aspect of this is that you can hear someone who talks to you when you have no musik or on low volume. If you turn up volume you barely hear someone talking. You have to concentrate when someone talks very loud but then you are able to hear.
But the sound is just awesome. I showed the vibes in pics to my girlfriend before I bought them. She loved the design but I knew that she thought, she would never spend so much money for earphones. As soon as I got them she was impresssed on how good they looked in reality and then I saw in this forum that valkoton finally announced the new colours. So I showed the new ones to my girlfriend and she was quite impressed by the "La Mocha" and started to think of buying these. I told here that she should compare her cheapo earphones to my vibes first and then decide. So I gave her my vibes first and as I expected she liked the sound quality and how comfortable they are. Then she took out her other earphones, plugged them in and started to listen the same song... after 5 seconds she took them out of her ears by saying "What?"
basshead.gif
. I think this was clear enough
wink.gif

I always liked a woman that can say, What? I don't know, there is something honest about it unless it is every other word our of her mouth.

I think amps and earphones have taken some real leaps the past year or so. Just keeps getting better and will just add to those adjectives being used.

Jan 16, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #449 of 1,475
mine were waiting for me when i came home from school today
biggrin.gif

straight out the box they are not that impressive but i will put some pink noise on my ipod and leave it playing tonight and hopefully will be more pleasable tomorrow.

Jan 16, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #450 of 1,475
Anyone know the lowest price these have been at at amazon.com? They *were* at $82 I believe and now are at $86 (at least for the Chrome, which is the color I'd choose).

Considering pulling the trigger but am unsure if I should wait for (another) amazon price fluctuation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back