V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Jan 13, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #421 of 1,475
That is why I dress in the dark and don't use a mirror, less headaches. It also helps to get to a point to where you don't care/worry about what other people think as long as you are not doing something that impacts them. I may be wrong though, I hope I didn't upset anyone, maybe I should retract my statement and at the same time start using a mirror.

I want IEM's with no cord just like in Star Trek, except they listened in mono and I want stereo or better yet, surround.

Jan 13, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #422 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG I am getting carried away. My mother liked to teach me about best ways to combine clothing colors for looking better...

My mother had to give up...I'm colour blind.

Steve

Jan 13, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #424 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by retic3nt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like I said before, the hissing sound is evident when no song is playing as well. By "hissing", I mean the static-y sound one gets when the noise floor is too high. Its making it hard for me to enjoy quiet songs.

I don't notice any "hissing," per se, just a slight buzz when I have them plugged into a source with nothing playing.

Jan 13, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #425 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want IEM's with no cord just like in Star Trek, except they listened in mono and I want stereo or better yet, surround.

This is definitely the way of the future. I commute on packed trains, and it's pretty common for cables to get caught as people push past. My ipod is usually in a closed bag, so my earphones get pulled out - sometimes with such force the tips are left in my ears. And it's common to see an ipod hit the deck when the cable gets tangled around someone running for the door.

(as for colour - sometimes I am 3 years old, so I want RED! plus it goes well with black)

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:09 PM Post #426 of 1,475
we still feel like wireless stereo is novel, not useful - until the following problems are solved:

1) more MP3/sources include both built in wireless stereo capabilities (no dongle needed)
2) an easy way to charge the headset (currently need THREE chargers if the dongle/L/R are all seperate)
3) form factor - way TOO big, and over head/around back of head/or integrated into glasses just isn't up to par with modern IEMs that are popular today
4) battery life (most are max 5 hrs now, yet players last 24 hrs)
5) current models still require a cable connecting L/R
6) sound quality consistency
7) stylish industrial design

Only once these problems are solved will it truly take off and we are working on all of the above (WITH the source makers as well), we have prototyped many innovative bluetooth models and adapters in many configurations, but in reality they are still to novel to be released publicly (we don't show off many products early, sorry!). I NEVER use them at the office even though they are readily available and my laptop has built-in A2DP. V-MODA will never release a product just for technology sake, only when the user experience, design, and sound is perfect.

RCA has a device coming out this year that pushes the envelope a little further with wireless stereo (its not bluetooth but RF), but IMO it's just still not there.

As an avid technologist the litmus test for all V-MODA products is when I personally would use it, only then is it good enough for release. The above reasons I believe are the exact same reasons why both Apple and Microsoft do not currently have wireless stereo headsets, it just is not a good user experience - yet.

PS - anybody check out the "top selling" headphones at Apple.com lately? To me it is like the billboard/Casey Casum charts of headphones and is fun to watch. The gunmetal black shortage dropped us a a few spots from last week...

etysmile.gif

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #427 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by joan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is definitely the way of the future. I commute on packed trains, and it's pretty common for cables to get caught as people push past. My ipod is usually in a closed bag, so my earphones get pulled out - sometimes with such force the tips are left in my ears. And it's common to see an ipod hit the deck when the cable gets tangled around someone running for the door.

(as for colour - sometimes I am 3 years old, so I want RED! plus it goes well with black)

They will arrive some day and will probably come from China. Red would be great or maybe they will change your mood.

That's it! Mood wireless IEM's!

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #428 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They will arrive some day and will probably come from China. Red would be great or maybe they will change your mood.

Jamato - how about tiny OLED/LCD screens with programmable colors/designs that go to the music? Or the screens could show a picture of your actual ear, so it looks like you are not wearing an earphone, that would be trick.

Jan 13, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #429 of 1,475
Val, that would be Great! I would program mine so it wouldn't show all my ear wax! No more Q tips for this guy. 4 more days and I leave China after being here for 1 year and 4 months.

Jan 13, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #431 of 1,475
I have the vibes in gunmetal. But after using them the last few weeks I think I would have liked the cord from the flashback chromes better. The tactile texture of the gunmetal cord is to prone to tangling. I got the gunmetal because I didn't like the reflectiveness (or flashyness) of the flashback chromes and thought they would fingerprint easily.

I get a hiss when playing through my iPod shuffle 2g but lots of people complain about the 2g shuffle being noisy. Just to be sure I hooked it up to my Rio Karma and the vibes we silent. No hiss.

BTW - The vibes sound great.

Jan 13, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #433 of 1,475
Yes you are correct and if they were programmed to look like what they were on you would never find them. Oh the dilemmas we face.

Jan 13, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #434 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More like that suggests that people have no sense of style rofl.

Okay I never got points for style. I like black, and sometimes another colour with black.
wink.gif

The FlashBlack Chrome also has a certain bling-in-your-ears thing going which also isn't my (lack of) style. No earings here either. I like to go below the radar with my laidback Gunmetals.

Jan 13, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #435 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we still feel like wireless stereo is novel, not useful - until the following problems are solved:

...4) battery life (most are max 5 hrs now, yet players last 24 hrs)

No problem, Rockbox your Ipod and the headphones would match the player perfectly.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back