V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Dec 31, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #301 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can you get a 90°-adapter for cheap?

EDIT: Just found this here. Will this be fine for the job?

The adaptor that I got the Source from Circuit City actually looks a bit nicer but no reason to assume that it is functionally superior. About $6 in Canada (but no shiping - a walk-in purchase).

I still hope to find an adaptor with a gold-plated plug.

I highly recommend a 90°-adapter for the Vibes.

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #303 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by retic3nt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1) So are the vibes definitely much easier/faster to pop in and out and create a seal compared to other iems?
2) How similar do they sound to the HD555s?

getting a good fit with IEMs is a very individual thing but if you can get a good seal with silicone tips, they are always going to be quicker and easier to insert than foamies. whether the vibes with silicone tips are easier/faster to insert than other IEMs with silicone tips i can only say compared to shure E2C, E3C, E4, senn's CX300 - no.

can't comment about the HD555 comparison.

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #304 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they are always going to be quicker and easier to insert than foamies. whether the vibes with silicone tips are easier/faster to insert than other IEMs with silicone tips i can only say compared to shure E2C, E3C, E4, senn's CX300 - no.

I agree warrior- It is designed to be the same quick fit of our Bass Freq, the CX300, etc. It's notable that the cable also makes a difference how fast you can put on/take off - Vibe does not require the cable to be behind the ear which takes some time, especially if you have long hair. E2C, E3C, E4c etc are usually worn with the cable wrapped around the ear.

In actuality, the reason for this is because I workout sometimes with a spotter, and I wanted Vibe to be one of the quickest to take off/put on while at the gym.

PS - total time to put on any headphone:

1) read the L/R to determine sides (Gunmetal color is easier to read L/R engraving)
2) insert IEM
3) cable in final position (straight down or behind ear, plus cable management as necessary)

Jan 4, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #306 of 1,475
I'm gonna get me the flashback chrome ones for my birthday.

Vibes will be
My First Internet Purchase
My First Serious Headphones
My first in spending more then 30 Dollars on an accessory for my Mp3
My First truly stylish IEM

Sadly my birthday is STILL 12 days away
1/15

Yes I'll let em burn in for 10 hours before I use it as almost everyone recommend that I do =)

PS

I'm dieing to get them now even have them as my wallpaper on my ZVM =)

Jan 4, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #307 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by retic3nt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does v-moda sell extra tips?

And are the stock tips the best to use or are other brands' tips better?

super.fi tips work as does senn's cx300. there is something about the cx300 medium silicone tip that is perfect for me. i find they do better by me with the vibes and my new set of jbl 220s. in terms of being "better" - it all depends on what works for you. i don't notice any particular difference between the softness of the cx300, vibes and 220 tips but there are slight differences in regards to shape and size. again, it's all about finding that magical fit. for me it seems to be the cx300 mediums so i ordered a 10 pack from sennheiser last night.
cool.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #310 of 1,475
retic, u should try the tips included with the vibe first. for me the smallest of those happen to be the best fit i ever got with any iem.

Jan 4, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #313 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
super.fi tips work as does senn's cx300. there is something about the cx300 medium silicone tip that is perfect for me. i find they do better by me with the vibes and my new set of jbl 220s. in terms of being "better" - it all depends on what works for you. i don't notice any particular difference between the softness of the cx300, vibes and 220 tips but there are slight differences in regards to shape and size. again, it's all about finding that magical fit. for me it seems to be the cx300 mediums so i ordered a 10 pack from sennheiser last night.
cool.gif

can you give us a quick 3 way comparison ? (jbl/vibe/cx300)

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #314 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can you give us a quick 3 way comparison ? (jbl/vibe/cx300)

i'm still getting used to the JBLs since i only got them yesterday but here is my initial take when taking all 3 into consideration:

the JBLs and the V-Modas are much more refined than the Senns. there really is no comparison in regards to SQ - those 2 are just on a different level (as they should be considering the price difference). the 220s and the Vibes have a very similar sound sig. the Vibes present a bigger soundstage and are open sounding. the 220 provides more isolation and i'm still not convinced these things are open. the backs of them looks like a screen and if it really is, i would think the JBLs would sound incredibly open. the CX300s are just way too colored and low end heavy to play with the other 2 in the SQ department.

they are all comfortable to wear but i'll give the edge to the Senns because they have such a low profile and absolutely disappear when i have them in. i find all 3 of them comfortable enough to sleep with, even when resting the side of my head on my pillow.

i'll also give the nod to the Senns as a travel IEM due to its level of isolation compared to the other 2. i wish i had them for a recent trip to chicago rather than the vibes. i think the JBLs would fair pretty well.

Jan 4, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #315 of 1,475
vibes have 1 year warranty that I used already - replacement delivered to me asap.

i still wonder how traveling with an isolation iem woulda been...i used vibe on my way to nj and back, and could hear fine but quiet bliss was not there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back