V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...)
Nov 17, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #31 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review and a lot of pics. For being a rather "third-party" budget phone, they seem to do very well. Now I'd expect them to do better than, say, the Sonys and Creative models but better than the UM2 and Super.Fi 5? That's saying a lot...I wonder how they compare to the E4's?

Also, I want to see them compared to those new Bose in-ears too...they seem to be more on the same level.

Thanks.

Yeah, when I first got them I thought no way would they equal, let alone surpass the higher priced iems. But proof is in the pudding. The vibes just sound great. Being one third the price of my Um2 I did not expect the vibes to hold a candle. As I mentioned in my review I really wanted the Um2 to sound better, because of how much I had spent on them...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good review, great pics ... thanks for taking the time over those! It sounds like this product is too close to the ies to get me to invest just at the moment, but the look of the V-modas is great and it's nice to hear that they deliver on sound quality as well.

I was nevertheless surprised that you rate Operation Mindcrime 2 so highly: I love the first album (really one of my favourite rock albums ever) but I thought that the new one just sounded like a musical anagram ... the Tubular Bells 2 of soft prog.

When I first heard the new Mindcrime album I thought it totally sucked. But figured I would give it a few listens anyway. Man am I glad I did. Easily there best album since Q2k, and the very close to equaling the first Mindcrime. Can't wait to see them live again Saturday...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but u gotta give it to val's fashion sense though, these things are great.
the only iem that does not look like i have a hearing aid or something :wink: (and goes well with my general darkish look).

Iono if these things have a burn in factor or my ears have a burn in factor...but after 2-3 days (at first it was not completely that way) but I am starting to agree with plywood's review completely. The quality is just extremely musical, and they are much better on volume rather than other iems.

Musical is a good way to put it. When I want to enjoy my albums, I reach for the Vibes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ineareh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The V-Moda Vibes look great,i'll wait for some in the field reviews after they've been out awhile,for now i'm going with another pair of Shure E2C's that started vibrating in the left earpiece,they almost 3 years old, i'v been very hard on them and feel kinda like i owe Shure my money.

Ineareh, The Vibes completely destroy the E2c. The only thing the E2c has over the Vibes is isolation...

Ply

Nov 18, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #32 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Val, any plans for more distributors in central Europe?

I see the Bass Fréqs are already available in the UK, France and Sweden... but nothing in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, etc.

Quickly rolling out to Europe next, we already have Switzerland I just do not know the stores yet but we'll put on the site soon. Germany and more UK distribution is underway, Austria I do not believe we have hit yet.

Vibe supply is still very tight right now, but we'll get there soon.

Nov 18, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #34 of 1,475
Can the thread starter do a comparison between the V-moda vibe and the Shure E4 and the UM2? I currently own a um2 and am looking for a pretty iem for those occasions which requires it but i still want it to sound as good.

Nov 18, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #36 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by plywood99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ineareh, The Vibes completely destroy the E2c. The only thing the E2c has over the Vibes is isolation...

Ply

Hmmmmm, plywood99 are they anywhere near as well built,heavy duty? If you say yes then i'll have to get a pair,usually earphones last me 4 months.

Nov 18, 2006 at 2:07 AM Post #38 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by vii_haven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can the thread starter do a comparison between the V-moda vibe and the Shure E4 and the UM2? I currently own a um2 and am looking for a pretty iem for those occasions which requires it but i still want it to sound as good.

so you're saying that if i liked the um2 i'd definitely love the vibe? anyone got the silver version? post some pics of the silver version?

Nov 18, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #39 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by vii_haven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so you're saying that if i liked the um2 i'd definitely love the vibe? anyone got the silver version? post some pics of the silver version?

Lol, I'm saying that I like the Vibe more than the Um2...

Ply

Nov 18, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #40 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quickly rolling out to Europe next, we already have Switzerland I just do not know the stores yet but we'll put on the site soon. Germany and more UK distribution is underway, Austria I do not believe we have hit yet.

Vibe supply is still very tight right now, but we'll get there soon.

how about supply in asia? specifically philippines? can we expect them by december?

Nov 18, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #42 of 1,475
So is this gunmetal color gold or more like a dark grey? I can't really tell from the pictures. Thanks, CK

Nov 18, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #43 of 1,475
On my pair gunmetal is golden-greenish.

Nov 18, 2006 at 3:10 PM Post #45 of 1,475
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckhirnigs113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is this gunmetal color gold or more like a dark grey? I can't really tell from the pictures. Thanks, CK

It was made to match the Porsche 911 gunmetal color as our designer Joseph loves that car, it does have a hint of olive green and gold in it but its still gunmetal - it depends on the lighting what it picks up.

Regarding Ibiza - I'm jamming to DJ Mar T - Amnesia Underground 6 with accoustic setting on Zune right now, it is really amazing I love it!!! Not sure if I can recreate the intoxication of Ibiza, but its very sweet.

Ibiza - I wish I could go too, maybe I'll meet you there! Erick Morillo and Pacha is my favorite experiences ever (KM5 is chill too), but most joints are closed now so maybe Miami will suffice for house music
frown.gif

peace - val

Users who are viewing this thread

Back