V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Sep 18, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #976 of 1,343
A 30-pin extension cable will plug that vamp into any older iDevice, so it's still very much alive. I use it with an iPad from time to time and it's great.

I was thinking about taking it apart and removing the rubber iphone holder (or even cutting the lip off so that an iPod would dock nicely) as an alternative. It's too good of a device to babysit your 8-tracks!

Good point and nothing to loose by attempting a mod after I upgrade my Iphone 4.  Although the 5S isn't exactly blowing me away with innovation, so I may hold on to my rig for awhile longer.

Sep 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #979 of 1,343
Good point and nothing to loose by attempting a mod after I upgrade my Iphone 4.  Although the 5S isn't exactly blowing me away with innovation, so I may hold on to my rig for awhile longer.

I'm going to move up to a 5S, take my 64G 3rd gen touch out of the car and attach it to the verza, and then put my 4S into the car (nice to have the gps if necessary). Amazing how the iDevices add up over just a couple of years. Not sure what I'm going to do w the classic yet, but the touch interface is so much better...

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #980 of 1,343
  Anyone can confirm the final release of IOS7 doesn't break the Verza?

It is working fine with my iPhone 5.  i had a problem when I first turned it on after installing iOS7; I was getting 2 quick red flashes, and the Verza wouldn't start up.  I think it was because the battery was low; after a charge, it is working as before.

I am using it with the newest (V4) version of the AudioForge Equalizer app, which I really like, but the new interface is a bit difficult to figure out; their latest update to the manual is not complete yet, either, but I'm liking the combination of everything so far.

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #983 of 1,343
  Do you mean Verza?  If you mean Verza, it is because Vamp, Verza and Vamp are all manufactured by Venturecraft.  The Verza is a "V-Modaitzed" version of the GoDapX.

Yes, the VERZA is the re-engineered version of the X; and the VAMP is the re-engineered version of the Unit 4.0.

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #985 of 1,343
Not directly but the X1 is pretty good.  However, the VERZA is still more powerful and supports Android.

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #986 of 1,343
So I finally broke down and bought a VAMP Verza but when I plug it in the HTC One X and turn it on, a message pops up and says "Unable to to charge device.  Please use the supported charger."  Sound does not go through the VERZA, only through the phone.  The VERZA does work on my Macbook Pro though.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #987 of 1,343
  So I finally broke down and bought a VAMP Verza but when I plug it in the HTC One X and turn it on, a message pops up and says "Unable to to charge device.  Please use the supported charger."  Sound does not go through the VERZA, only through the phone.  The VERZA does work on my Macbook Pro though.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Did you hook it up with the microUSB or the regular one?  You might need to use that USB Audio Recorder app trick to get it to work.

Sep 29, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #989 of 1,343
  Micro USB to Micro USB cable.  Also, how do you engage the bass boost?  I've been holding down the Battery / Bass button like the sheet says to but nothing seems to happen.

After holding the bass button, the toggle will blink, switch back and forth, it wil turn solid green from blinking red and bass boost is active.  Do the same to deactivate.

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #990 of 1,343
  After holding the bass button, the toggle will blink, switch back and forth, it wil turn solid green from blinking red and bass boost is active.  Do the same to deactivate.

How long do you hold your button down for?  It doesn't seem to do anything when I hold it down for 10+ seconds.  The toggle is just solid red.  Maybe got a defective one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back