V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Apr 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #511 of 1,343
Quote:
I had the same issue with the USB to 30-pin, it just didn't work.  I had a custom cable I used with my CLAS so I'm just running with that and didn't seek a replacement from V-Moda.

It's always good to hear about good customer service!

I think V-Moda has probably had a serious conversation with their supplier of these connectors regarding quality control.

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #512 of 1,343
Well, I just sprung for it all; I've ordered the Verza in black, along with the iPhone 5 Metallo case.  I also ordered the VentureCraft cable from Amazon.  I read an earlier post stating that the cost of that cable was $165.00, but it is $54.99.  Still high for a cable of that type, but less of a shock than what I was anticipating.

I'm currently using the M-100s with my iPhone 5, and enjoying the sound a lot.  We'll see what kind of improvements the Verza offers.  

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #513 of 1,343
Well, I just sprung for it all; I've ordered the Verza in black, along with the iPhone 5 Metallo case.  I also ordered the VentureCraft cable from Amazon.  I read an earlier post stating that the cost of that cable was $165.00, but it is $54.99.  Still high for a cable of that type, but less of a shock than what I was anticipating.

I'm currently using the M-100s with my iPhone 5, and enjoying the sound a lot.  We'll see what kind of improvements the Verza offers.  

The $165 is the VentureCraft 30 pin cable. Also expect sounds from your IEMs or headphones to be fuller and louder with the VERZA.

Apr 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #514 of 1,343
I have just got mine today about 5 hours ago and plugged it in to charge. It still shows one red light = charging (quick charging). Could anyone tell me how long it takes for this baby to fully charge and become green?

Cheers

Apr 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #515 of 1,343
I hope V-Moda comes out w/ their Ipod Classic (Note II & Iphone 4) case(s) soon.  Getting used to this rubber band method....might not want to spring for another $100+ (each).  
wink_face.gif

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #519 of 1,343
Quote:
I have an older pair of AKG 240 monitor 600 ohm headphones.  Would the VAMP VERSA be able to power these with the gain switch turned up? Would a simple 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adapter work to connect to the vamp versa audio out jack?

We tried VERZA with SHURE 1840 (65 Ohms) and SENN HD800 (300 Ohms), both works fine.  YES, A simple 1/4 inch adaptor will works with VERZA.

Below reviewer even use Planar magnet headphones to test VERZA, his conclusion is that, now you can move around with those power hungry headphones.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2013/04/04/review-v-moda-vamp-verza

Apr 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #520 of 1,343
Quote:
After purchasing Verza, I thought there was something wrong with my Vamp since Verza drives my headphones significantly louder than Vamp, yet has lower power specs than Vamp for portable devices (130mW vs. 150mW).  I just received my Vamp back with no note and it doesn't go louder, so I am assuming it is not defective.  While I am not sure how this is possible, I suppose it doesn't matter since I have Verza and the added power with bass boost gives me a nightclub music experience on the go when needed.

I also had an issue with the USB to 30 pin cable that came with Verza and V-Moda included a replacement cable along with my returned Vamp.  Just another anecdote regarding their excellent customer service, so no one should have any worries about V-Moda standing behind their products if they have issues.

Other than using 6 layers PCB to avoid interfenace, VERZA has significant improvement in circuit design compare to VAMP.  Now the output impedance is down to 10 Ohm, so the ability in driving different headphones is improved.

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #523 of 1,343
Quote:
Quote:
After purchasing Verza, I thought there was something wrong with my Vamp since Verza drives my headphones significantly louder than Vamp, yet has lower power specs than Vamp for portable devices (130mW vs. 150mW).  I just received my Vamp back with no note and it doesn't go louder, so I am assuming it is not defective.  While I am not sure how this is possible, I suppose it doesn't matter since I have Verza and the added power with bass boost gives me a nightclub music experience on the go when needed.

I also had an issue with the USB to 30 pin cable that came with Verza and V-Moda included a replacement cable along with my returned Vamp.  Just another anecdote regarding their excellent customer service, so no one should have any worries about V-Moda standing behind their products if they have issues.

Other than using 6 layers PCB to avoid interfenace, VERZA has significant improvement in circuit design compare to VAMP.  Now the output impedance is down to 10 Ohm, so the ability in driving different headphones is improved.

7 posts in a row....there is a multi-quote feature you know? :wink:

A 10-ohm output impedance is still quite high for a portable headphone amplifier.

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #524 of 1,343
Quote:
7 posts in a row....there is a multi-quote feature you know? :wink:

A 10-ohm output impedance is still quite high for a portable headphone amplifier.

sorry!  don't know about this feature :)  , just think it is easier to read.

Compare to godap-x at 47 ohms , VERZA's 10 ohms output impedance is much lower, implies it is more stable to various headphones.  However, lowest impedance is not equal to best sound, it's all about matching, for VERZA as our goal is a Universal amplifier, we try to find out the best balance.

This article in 2011 is about output impedance, the conclusion is "recommend to find an amp with a relatively low output impedance".

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2011/11/14/output-impedance-show-and-tell?page=0,0

In 2013, same author recommends VERZA!

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2013/04/04/review-v-moda-vamp-verza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back