V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Apr 10, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #497 of 1,343
[size=10pt] Is it possible to use V-amp to charge galaxy s3?[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I am interested in and had try the amp.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I tested and sound was good but kind of worry that it might drain my GS3's battery.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]Does anyone uses it with GS3? and can you guys share your experience about Vamp + Galaxy S3?[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]if my battery least long enough or if V-amp charges GS3, I will be happy to buy it[/size]

Apr 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #498 of 1,343
Quote:
[size=10pt] Is it possible to use V-amp to charge galaxy s3?[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I am interested in and had try the amp.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I tested and sound was good but kind of worry that it might drain my GS3's battery.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]Does anyone uses it with GS3? and can you guys share your experience about Vamp + Galaxy S3?[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]if my battery least long enough or if V-amp charges GS3, I will be happy to buy it[/size]

I am sure it will work, as if you put it under USB-DAC and charge + AMP mode, then it will just charge whatever you connect to its USB port.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #499 of 1,343
After running the battery completely down and recharging I had a similar "two red blinks" and no connection issue. 

I simply disconnected the iPod, powered the Verza up, powered down, reconnected and started up as usual with no issues.

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #501 of 1,343
Quote:
After running the battery completely down and recharging I had a similar "two red blinks" and no connection issue. 

I simply disconnected the iPod, powered the Verza up, powered down, reconnected and started up as usual with no issues.

It sounds like Verza has a design improvement over Vamp where a reset button is no longer needed.

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #502 of 1,343
So the place I work (and the reason why I got such an early preview) did an unboxing video.

Most of the info for it is stuff we already know. More interesting stuff starts at 3:40 when she does a comparative spectrum analysis using the iMac's on board to record audio, and then using the Verza as a dedicated DAC to record the audio signal of white noise. 

Unfortunately she didn't have the ability to do the same with both DACs, but it is still pretty interesting.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #503 of 1,343
After purchasing Verza, I thought there was something wrong with my Vamp since Verza drives my headphones significantly louder than Vamp, yet has lower power specs than Vamp for portable devices (130mW vs. 150mW).  I just received my Vamp back with no note and it doesn't go louder, so I am assuming it is not defective.  While I am not sure how this is possible, I suppose it doesn't matter since I have Verza and the added power with bass boost gives me a nightclub music experience on the go when needed.

I also had an issue with the USB to 30 pin cable that came with Verza and V-Moda included a replacement cable along with my returned Vamp.  Just another anecdote regarding their excellent customer service, so no one should have any worries about V-Moda standing behind their products if they have issues.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #504 of 1,343
S
After purchasing Verza, I thought there was something wrong with my Vamp since Verza drives my headphones significantly louder than Vamp, yet has lower power specs than Vamp for portable devices (130mW vs. 150mW).  I just received my Vamp back with no note and it doesn't go louder, so I am assuming it is not defective.  While I am not sure how this is possible, I suppose it doesn't matter since I have Verza and the added power with bass boost gives me a nightclub music experience on the go when needed.

I also had an issue with the USB to 30 pin cable that came with Verza and V-Moda included a replacement cable along with my returned Vamp.  Just another anecdote regarding their excellent customer service, so no one should have any worries about V-Moda standing behind their products if they have issues.

Same here with my VAMP vs VERZA, and you can even drive your M-100 louder by using your iDevices in USB-DAC mode.

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #506 of 1,343
I have an older pair of AKG 240 monitor 600 ohm headphones.  Would the VAMP VERSA be able to power these with the gain switch turned up? Would a simple 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adapter work to connect to the vamp versa audio out jack?

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #508 of 1,343
I have an older pair of AKG 240 monitor 600 ohm headphones.  Would the VAMP VERSA be able to power these with the gain switch turned up? Would a simple 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adapter work to connect to the vamp versa audio out jack?

I tested the dt880/250, dt990/250 and the he-400. On some tracks I really had to push it almost to max to get satisfactory results with high gain turned on. I am not sure how a 600 ohm can would handle.

The mad dogs handled well but not enough bass for my tastes.

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #509 of 1,343
I had the same issue with the USB to 30-pin, it just didn't work.  I had a custom cable I used with my CLAS so I'm just running with that and didn't seek a replacement from V-Moda.

It's always good to hear about good customer service!
Quote:

Apr 12, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #510 of 1,343
Quote:

While they have generous power for 32 ohm headphones and I would expect 64 ohm headphones,  I don't believe Verza would adequately power 600 ohm headphones.  The Centrance M8 might be a better portable solution for you if you need similar features.  A lower cost alternative might be the FiiO E12 which has 850mW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back