V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Apr 4, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #481 of 1,343
Quote:

I have a J3 I could test. I'll let you know this weekend how that goes.

That's great, can't wait for your review.
Quote:
Would be nice to have a case for the apple iPod Classic, I don't use a smart phone for music, looks like it's velcro or rubber bands are my current options, great products though, very inventive. Love the Vamp Verza !!

A couple weeks ago Val posted that he is working on something special for the iPod Classic, so let's hope for the best.

Apr 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #485 of 1,343
Quote:
It's been here.  I am near Philly and have owned Verza for a few weeks.

Interesting.  I am in Pitt right now but will be moving away soon.

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #487 of 1,343
Quote:
+1 for an Ipod Classic case

In the meantime, I have been using the 3M duo-lock tape with Verza and my Iphone 4 since purchasing Verza a few weeks ago.  The duo stick actually works better after repeated use as it loosens up and is a great, low-cost alternative if a Metallo is not available for anyone's player/smartphone.  With a few weeks use under my belt, I would also add that I am loving Verza.

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #488 of 1,343
Had a weird Versa lockup today that I thought I'd post about. I allowed the verza to charge my 160 classic (fat) which completely exhausted it. Charged it back up and it wouldn't connect to any iOS device I own. Every time I turned it on, I got 2 quick flashes of the second switch and then nothing. No charging, playback, etc. I turned it off for a while and then back on to no avail. Also tried turning it off and on while holding down down each of the buttons to,see if I could find some secret reset sequence.

Checked the cable which was fine. Got kinda worried that I may have to send it back to Vmoda. Unlike the vamp, I couldn't see an way to "reset" it.

I decided to connect it to my PC to see what would happen. Drivers installed and all was well (also started charging). Once I reconnected it to my classic and flipped the switch back to iOS instead of USB, it reconnected with the classic and all was well.

So, I'm not really sure what happened, but going to USB and then back again got it. It brings up a question though- Val, is there a reset on the verza just in case we need it?

Apr 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #489 of 1,343
Quote:
Had a weird Versa lockup today that I thought I'd post about. I allowed the verza to charge my 160 classic (fat) which completely exhausted it. Charged it back up and it wouldn't connect to any iOS device I own. Every time I turned it on, I got 2 quick flashes of the second switch and then nothing. No charging, playback, etc. I turned it off for a while and then back on to no avail. Also tried turning it off and on while holding down down each of the buttons to,see if I could find some secret reset sequence.

Checked the cable which was fine. Got kinda worried that I may have to send it back to Vmoda. Unlike the vamp, I couldn't see an way to "reset" it.

I decided to connect it to my PC to see what would happen. Drivers installed and all was well (also started charging). Once I reconnected it to my classic and flipped the switch back to iOS instead of USB, it reconnected with the classic and all was well.

So, I'm not really sure what happened, but going to USB and then back again got it. It brings up a question though- Val, is there a reset on the verza just in case we need it?

I experienced the same thing with the double flash. It died on me while listening to music so I thought it was the battery.  After charging it a bit it still would just do the double flash.  I kept turning it on and off for a bit and it eventually came back on.

Apr 8, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #491 of 1,343
Quote:
I experienced the same thing with the double flash. It died on me while listening to music so I thought it was the battery.  After charging it a bit it still would just do the double flash.  I kept turning it on and off for a bit and it eventually came back on.

Me three. 
 iPhone 5, Vamp Verza  w/ the Metallo case. I had things running smoothly until I switched out a Jabra short (usb-->micro usb with the apple lightning tip) cable with a VentureCraft cable (same config). Diffeernce between cables? Color .. Jabra is grey, VentureCrafts black. The VampV was turned off prior to the cable shift and when the VampV was turned on, two led flashes and nothing ... (I now know to be looking for the red glow in the VampV's head phone jack). After trying every combination you all have mentioned, I separated  the phone and VampV and let  charge over night. No confidence in understanding why, when I reconnected the phone and cable, turned on the VampV, all systems were go. It has locked up like this one time since. This time turning the VampV off, putting switches into usb-dac & vamp positions, turning the VampV on, then putting the first switch to iAMP resuscitated VampV (red glow in the headphone jack-n-all).

I'd be curious if there were more experiences like this. I reported the lock up to V-Moda (do they DO Customer Service or WHAT???) and was sent a replacement (I hadn't stumbled onto the charging thing and got the VampV working after the replacement was sent). Now I have this replacement Vamp Verza and I'm interested to see if it locks up. I think it reasonable that I would run the new VV for a day or two before sending back. I'm not overly concerned, mainly because of Val and his team, but it would be nice to have some certainty about the lock up phenomenon. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #492 of 1,343
I had one minor glitch last week where I couldn't get Verza to connect and the red light kept blinking, but it resolved after swiching back and forth a few times.  Other than that, no technical issues.

Is there any noticeable difference in sound connecting Verza to a PC via optical out vs. USB?

My current PC doesn't have an optical out.  Are these standard on new computers?  If not, would I simply add a sound card with optical out?

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #494 of 1,343
Some reports n the original vamp said that the optical quality was not as high as the rest of the device and that other optical options were better. For me, I'm nt sure that I could really tell the difference, but ok. I haven't seen anyone test the optical yet, but I'd be interested to know just for curiosity sake.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #495 of 1,343
Quote:
I had one minor glitch last week where I couldn't get Verza to connect and the red light kept blinking, but it resolved after swiching back and forth a few times.  Other than that, no technical issues.

Is there any noticeable difference in sound connecting Verza to a PC via optical out vs. USB?

My current PC doesn't have an optical out.  Are these standard on new computers?  If not, would I simply add a sound card with optical out?

The optical on the Verza is strictly an output, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back