V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #392 of 1,343
Quote:
I wish this came with a case. Surprised it didn't but then again these things are already pretty pricy.

More or less, but I rather have a universal sliding/docking back plate so we can just stick whatever to it.

Mar 26, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #393 of 1,343
I'd think of the Verza specifically as something to use with my most portable sources and not my laptop setup. I'd use it on my train ride to Westchester every weekend and in transit, while dinking with a tablet in a coffee shop awaiting friends, in the corner with the light off when my grillfiend's sleeping, on planes when the intent is to save my laptop's battery, etc., etc.  The laptop rig's more for use in my hotel or friends' room:-- the place where I'm staying or specific musical destinations.

My grillfiend, her twin and I are talking about going to London in September.  If we make the trip, I'm not sure I want to subject my pro setup to the maze of zeal and inattention that is airport security -- not unless I'm sure I'll be spending days in a room by myself, and if that were the sitch, I doubt we'd be traveling together, h-m-m-m?

I do think I'll experiment with ( your gfs twin and your gf) and using the Verza as my O when playing back tracks and virtual instruments -- mostly because I'm curious about the sound differences between it and reference kit.  I've actually rough-mixed using TF-10s and then played the results on speaks just to see how misleading my fun IEMs proved to be.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #394 of 1,343
Quote:

I do think I'll experiment with using the Verza as my O when playing back tracks and virtual instruments -- mostly because I'm curious about the sound differences between it and reference kit.  I've actually rough-mixed using TF-10s and then played the results on speaks just to see how misleading my fun IEMs proved to be.

I've always thought when mixing it's good to hear it on as many systems as your ears are used to and have variety between those systems, I have some KRKs, my M-100s and some laptop speakers and I get pretty decent sound and consistency 
size]

My grillfiend, her twin and I are talking about going to London in September.  If we make the trip, I'm not sure I want to subject my pro setup to the maze of zeal and inattention that is airport security -- not unless I'm sure I'll be spending days in a room by myself, and if that were the sitch, I doubt we'd be traveling together, h-m-m-m?

Head-fi meetup at a local pub?

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #396 of 1,343
Mar 27, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #397 of 1,343
The metallic case sliding mechanism is cool but it only applied to certain mobile device. It's not universal applicable to all devices. You still need rubber bands to merry the devices together. 
101 bucks for a metallic case??!!! pretty steep for me!

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #398 of 1,343
Other similar aluminum cases on the market are around the same price range.  Not saying you won't find one cheaper, so please, no examples necessary.  You cannot really compare this to a $30 silicone case though.  For a product like this coming from a company that is not in the case business, the price isn't ridiculous.  It is a little high though.  

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #399 of 1,343
I'm with DrSheep.  Would love a universal plate. I have a decent incase for my iPhone 4 and this would be great.  For me, the aluminum will get dented and scratched with use, so I'd rather destroy lesser cases.

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #400 of 1,343
Quote:
I'm with DrSheep.  Would love a universal plate. I have a decent incase for my iPhone 4 and this would be great.  For me, the aluminum will get dented and scratched with use, so I'd rather destroy lesser cases.

Thanks.

Off topic: the absolute best plastic and leather cases I found were SGP's, and they makes the best screen protectors too.  Check them out.

http://www.spigen.com/

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #401 of 1,343
Quote:
The metallic case sliding mechanism is cool but it only applied to certain mobile device. It's not universal applicable to all devices. You still need rubber bands to merry the devices together. 
101 bucks for a metallic case??!!! pretty steep for me!

Sure a hundred is a bit steep, but when most people op to buy a couple of crap cases over the device's life time, the savings is apparent.  My draw is full of cases I wish I haven't bought...

Mar 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #404 of 1,343
Quote:

What happened?

The VAMP/VERZA upgrade deal :).  But since I already have my VERZA before hand, I guess they want to make life easier and refund it all.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #405 of 1,343
The VAMP/VERZA upgrade deal :).  But since I already have my VERZA before hand, I guess they want to make life easier and refund it all.

So you bought a VAMP and got a free VERZA? You sure it wasn't a mistake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back