V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #181 of 1,343
Quote:
Based on my experience with Vamp, I would say Verza is underpowered for those since I run Vamp near full volume with high gain at times with my 32ohm Ultrasone Signature DJ and M-100.  

I am with AnakChan on this one.  The volume on mine never even hits half way.  Probably sits near 1/4 95% of the time.  Everybody certainly has their own preferences here, but I think it is unfair to refer to it as "underpowered" given the unusually high volume you listen at.  Man, if I turn mine up half way people on the other side of a fairly large room can tell me what song I am listening to.
basshead.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #182 of 1,343
Quote:

I am with AnakChan on this one.  The volume on mine never even hits half way.  Probably sits near 1/4 95% of the time.  Everybody certainly has their own preferences here, but I think it is unfair to refer to it as "underpowered" given the unusually high volume you listen at.  Man, if I turn mine up half way people on the other side of a fairly large room can tell me what song I am listening to.
basshead.gif

I am starting to think something is wrong with my Vamp since I can't handle my $60 E11 past 50% volume.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #183 of 1,343
I would be much more tempted if Val had managed to do away with a cabled LOD. When I first read about docking I thought that he had designed a way for the amp and phone to connect without needing a clunky bit of cable with plugs...

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #184 of 1,343
I would buy if it was made for upcomming GALAXY S4(April 26) and was microphone compatible.............................................................
If you are good at SolidEdge and got a CNC-mill(as I do at school), it is a piece of cake to make this chassis to fit tight on SGS3 on micrones level, I recently found that my ALO RX MK2's actuall amplifier was like just 15-20% volume of whole unit, the god damn battery took about 55-60%, and the case rest 25-30%. The back side/bottom soldering points and pins are huge and long, protrudes about ca. 2mm/0.08"( You would see my friends surprised face bofore I started to laugh alondside with my friend!!! He said that I need to buy 2x smallest nokia 3.7v battery at dealextreme and than he will help me to with modeling 3d model of "naked/without back cover" SGS3, and than I must model the rest slimmer/modified ALO RX MK2(3.2mm slimmer and 18mm shorter) with back cover made of unobtanium(carbon, titanium, alu etc.) The battery time is tooo long, i listen on my HD800 like maybe 20-70 minutes a day, så I will cut out "dat Fat"-battery which last about 30hours(4-5hours are enought for me) with my HD800 nad the charging units, I can charge it externally.
I would do any amp, or dac, or amp+dac slimmer(not the TTJV Apex Glacier, ultraLOL)  paired with naked SGS3
OK, I can SolidEdge 3D modeling and allround moderate understanding of materials, I'm a student at mechanics,
.....BUT WHAT THE HECK, IS IT SO FREAKIN' DIFFICULT TO MAKE IT WORK WITH a MiC-JACK if I GOiNG TO CUSTOM MY HD800 CABLE WITH a MiC???(sorry for capital latters) I wan't to cry and laught but I can't, I will move my as into fire that's ok...
...Any interests for moded AMP or DAC or COMBOs attached(chasis) to your phone, SGS4? Help me design/3D modeling and I will CNCing with my HAAS CNC-mill for you for free*(material I need from you), It could be PURE BADASSERY if I get help with transfering naked phones into 3D models of any file types.

Any types( + / - ) of comments are welcome!!!
TNX FOR READING!!!

PS. And not I do NOT do freebased cocaine nor other stimulants, just want make something that I MiSS SO MAXXX in my god damn limitedmind xD
@least CNC a HELL out of MATERIALS, soon end of the school year, and almost no body using this god damn hell of a CNC-aggregatemachineryartilleryarsenal

edit: added one letter.

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #186 of 1,343
Quote:
I would buy if it was made for upcomming GALAXY S4(April 26) and was microphone compatible.............................................................
If you are good at SolidEdge and got a CNC-mill(as I do at school), it is a piece of cake to make this chassis to fit tight on SGS3 on micrones level, I recently found that my ALO RX MK2's actuall amplifier was like just 15-20% volume of whole unit, the god damn battery took about 55-60%, and the case rest 25-30%. The back side/bottom soldering points and pins are huge and long, protrudes about ca. 2mm/0.08"( You would see my friends surprised face bofore I started to laugh alondside with my friend!!! He said that I need to buy 2x smallest nokia 3.7v battery at dealextreme and than he will help me to with modeling 3d model of "naked/without back cover" SGS3, and than I must model the rest slimmer/modified ALO RX MK2(3.2mm slimmer and 18mm shorter) with back cover made of unobtanium(carbon, titanium, alu etc.) The battery time is tooo long, i listen on my HD800 like maybe 20-70 minutes a day, så I will cut out "dat Fat"-battery which last about 30hours(4-5hours are enought for me) with my HD800 nad the charging units, I can charge it externally.
I would do any amp, or dac, or amp+dac slimmer(not the TTJV Apex Glacier, ultraLOL)  paired with naked SGS3
OK, I can SolidEdge 3D modeling and allround moderate understanding of materials, I'm a student at mechanics,
.....BUT WHAT THE HECK, IS IT SO FREAKIN' DIFFICULT TO MAKE IT WORK WITH a MiC-JACK if I GOiNG TO CUSTOM MY HD800 CABLE WITH a MiC???(sorry for capital latters) I wan't to cry and laught but I can't, I will move my as into fire that's ok...
...Any interests for moded AMP or DAC or COMBOs attached(chasis) to your phone, SGS4? Help me design/3D modeling and I will CNCing with my HAAS CNC-mill for you for free*(material I need from you), It could be PURE BADASSERY if I get help with transfering naked phones into 3D models of any file types.

Any types( + / - ) of comments are welcome!!!
TNX FOR READING!!!

PS. And not I do NOT do freebased cocaine nor other stimulants, just want make something that I MiSS SO MAXXX in my god damn limitedmind xD
@least CNC a HELL out of MATERIALS, soon end of the school year, and almost no body using this god damn hell of a CNC-aggregatemachineryartilleryarsenal

edit: added one letter.

The genius of Verza is that there will likely be a case for the S4 and other future popular releases based on upcoming customized Metallo cases designed to fit those smartphones and other devices if anticipated demand warrants production.

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #187 of 1,343
Quote:
Because headphones are made for music listening not to make phone calls

Yeah, and a mobile phone are made to make calls and receive calls, not music listening right? xD
Let's tell V-MODA to execute all their headphones with with microphones right? It is a garbadge xD

Let's try to put our gigantic headphomes away from our head while I look like a desparate person trying to find my 2.2LBS/1KG setup to answer a call xD while people already looking at you like they see an Alien inside the headphones xD and after 30seconds you start to get problems to hold your portable setup coz I AM sure that's 99.99% of portable setup users on head-fi are NOT bodybuilders(unless you go to the gym and workout static muscle exercizes to be able to hold this setup in your hands for more than a minute, than yeah YOU don't need no MiC, or if I ignore callers it could be an excellent everyday solution, but unfortunately 100 millions of humans can't afford this anti-routine type luxury like: throw your sim-card and crappy built-in MiC headphones away and just enjoy new everyday aural-dimension without being disturbed by people disturbing you by calling you and forcing you to put down your headphones, I DO LOOK FORWARD TO THIS REALITY xD! And I'm not kidding, it is a good concept, fellow headfier :)

Quote:
The genius of Verza is that there will likely be a case for the S4 and other future popular releases based on upcoming customized Metallo cases designed to fit those smartphones and other devices if anticipated demand warrants production.

OH MY GOD!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO THAT!!! I also want this company to release/custom-order slim versions without batteries/small batteries attached to phones without phone covers(wasted space)

personally I don't need need so big batteries, I can get 10 small ones laing(200mAh-420mAh @ 3.7V-12V) in my room, classroom, bag etc.

BTW, I really preciate this company, they made something nobody did before: very good fit for Galaxy S3 amp and dac, finest aestetics seen so far on market. I would definately by it if only Galaxy S4 was't realesed on 26 April 2013...

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #188 of 1,343
Really cool! Also looks good! Kinda on the pricey side though.
I really hope Val could include an iphone5 LOD as an option in the accessories even if it means adding money since it just makes to process much easier. 

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #189 of 1,343
Quote:
I would be much more tempted if Val had managed to do away with a cabled LOD. When I first read about docking I thought that he had designed a way for the amp and phone to connect without needing a clunky bit of cable with plugs...

The only way to accomplish this would be if the manufacturer designed the phone w/such a scenario in mind... Perhaps building in docking pogo pins on the rear like HTC has done w/a few phones (original Nexus, One X, etc.). Otherwise the best Val could do would be to build the connection into the case, making it bigger and clunkier, and that would require some pass-thru for charging/sync/etc.

Otherwise you could opt for BT (recent implementations are actually pretty decent), but that would defeat the point of an attached amp/DAC (since they don't need to be clamped together and you aren't gonna improve a lot upon streaming quality w/a dedicated amp/DAC).

It's kind of the same issue as w/not having a mic in line, there's no elegant way to get it done until phone manufacturers start thinking a bit more cleverly about how their devices are being used. That's part of why I asked earlier if V-Moda had gotten the chance to work w/Apple and/or Samsung while spec'ing out this device (unlikely for such a niche product).

I guess they could build a tiny BT module into the amp/DAC that remains paired but not in use until a call comes in, then it takes over and hands off to the DAC when done, then just build a standard TRSS connector for use w/headphones that have in-line mics or mic-extensions. It'd add to the cost and complicate the design etc., kind of a crude workaround.

I can understand wanting to eliminate the LOD cables, but as far as calls it's simpler to just have a BT earpiece on you and put the headphones aside, or  just pick up the damn phone. It's not that big a deal unless you're making hour-long calls or you're in grade school or something, and the Metallo slides off from the amp/DAC relatively easy if the call starts to drag on anyway.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #190 of 1,343
Interesting.  I emailed support about the iphone 5 lightning cable and got this response:
"You shouldn't need the lightening adapter for the iPhone 5 set up with the Verza"

Hmm.  I suppose he was assuming that we are using the headphone jack?

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #192 of 1,343
Quote:
I would buy if it was made for upcomming GALAXY S4(April 26) and was microphone compatible.....................

The Samsung Galaxy S 4 case will be available within a few days of the launch of the phone.... ;>

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #193 of 1,343
Quote:

basshead.gif

X3

dont know if this helps, but my HE-500 directly out of my iPhone 4S is often inside of the top 3 notches for volume.  On my Vamp, it's more like 1/2-2/3 consistently.  The only time I run out of headroom is in some classical where the overall dynamic level is low.  If you listen really loud (above safe levels), it may not be enough but that's certainly not because the vamp is underpowered.

i find it drives my HD650 incredibly well and the 3D setting adds a really nice treble presence that they can often lack.  

With the Go-Dap X rated at about half the output, that alone would make me want to spend a little more for the verza.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #194 of 1,343
Quote:
S
same question ! I am not going to use jack aux ! I want LOD too!

Ok so its looking like no iPhone 5 LOD comes with it or will be sold separately? As for using the 3.5 jack.. you can forget that

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #195 of 1,343
Quote:

The Samsung Galaxy S 4 case will be available within a few days of the launch of the phone.... ;>

Hey Val

Can you clear up some confusion on the Iphone 5?  Will using the current lightning adapter with the Verza bypass the dac in the adapter?  Or is the cable you are working on going to do that?  Is the below cable from venture craft essentialy what you are going to release and would that venture craft cable achieve true line out?

http://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Adapter-Digital-Short-Cable/dp/B00AQ96U0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363404827&sr=8-1&keywords=venturecraft+lightning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back