V-Moda V-80s with headphone amp?
Oct 9, 2012 at 6:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wu36mcg

New Head-Fier
Hey ppl, just joined the forum today. I'm curious, I just bought some of those V-80 headphones and was lookin into a headphone amp. Don't want a fullsize home setup, but rather something I could take with me places, but still have the power and clarity of something bigger. Does anyone own a pair of these with an amp? If so, which amp are you using? Most likely will end up with the Fiio e7. Thanks!

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 6
LOL I don't know yet, I get them in tomorrow. Hopefully a step up from the AKG K420's. I read alot of great reviews and they supposedly have a good frequency range for rap and bass music. Want to know if the amp will make a difference or are they just fine the way they are. Anyone have a V-80 AND an amp? If so, was it worth it?

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 6
don't know the v80's (although they look great!) but i've never used a set of cans over $20 that didn't sound better with an amp.  even a moderate quality amp should extend and/or tighten the bass range and open the soundstage a little bit, especially noticeable at lower volumes.  most decent portable amps nowadays come with some form of EQ as well which is nice.

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Hey ppl, just joined the forum today. I'm curious, I just bought some of those V-80 headphones and was lookin into a headphone amp. Don't want a fullsize home setup, but rather something I could take with me places, but still have the power and clarity of something bigger. Does anyone own a pair of these with an amp? If so, which amp are you using? Most likely will end up with the Fiio e7. Thanks!

Heya,

If there was ever a headphone that did not need an amplifier, it's the V/M80.

I wouldn't bother. I've used it with various Fiio's and when you take a dark Fiio and pair it with a relatively warm/dark V/M80, you get dark.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back