V Moda M80 vs Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
Aug 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

altrock1234

New Head-Fier
As the title shows, I'm trying to decide between the V Moda M80 and the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro.

These are the qualities I want my headphones to have:

1)  Amazing sound quality (I listen mainly to alternative rock, rock, etc.)
2)  Very high comfort level (comfortable to wear for many hours on end)
3)  Great build quality
4)  Easy to drive (I would be using the headphones straight from an ipod without an amp or EQ)
5)  Portable
6)  Features (detachable cables, carrying case, etc.)
7)  Good styling

Please tell me which set of headphones that I'm looking at is better based on my needs.

Thanks in advance,
altrock1234

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 7
Heya,

The COP is not for you; it's mids and treble are very distant, dim and damp sounding. It's just a bassy headphone. The M80 is much, much better in all aspects honestly. I own both. Very different headphones though. The M80 is on-ear, portable and low profile. The COP is over-ear and huge.

Very best,

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Heya,

The COP is not for you; it's mids and treble are very distant, dim and damp sounding. It's just a bassy headphone. The M80 is much, much better in all aspects honestly. I own both. Very different headphones though. The M80 is on-ear, portable and low profile. The COP is over-ear and huge.

Very best,

Though how is the comfort and build of the M80 over the COP. I've not found more comfortable headphones than Beyers, not to mention they are pretty tough. Although sonically Mal is right on the money 

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:
Though how is the comfort and build of the M80 over the COP. I've not found more comfortable headphones than Beyers, not to mention they are pretty tough. Although sonically Mal is right on the money 

Comfort is 99.9% subjective. What's comfortable to me, may not be to someone else. I found the M80's comfortable enough, but I have a strong dislike for on-ear headphones (I hate, hate the feeling of Grados for example, yet own several). The M80's were much more comfortable to wear than the Grados. I found the M80's and AT ESW9A's to be relatively equal on comfort, but for my own feeling, the ESW9A felt better due to the shape of the cups. I actually don't care much for the weird shape of the M80, as it made it difficult to get a good seal for me. Others however, seem to report that they find them completely comfortable, easy to seal, etc. So again, subjective to the point of almost not being worthy of stating it since for every plus, there's a con, in that department.

Build quality of the M80 is excellent.
Build quality of the COP is good. It's an all plastic headphone though pretty much. Built well, but it definitely doesn't feel like a $200(ish) headphone.
The COP is very comfortable when you put velour pads on it (DT770 pads).

The COP had a lot of room to become one of the better `big' portable headphones with bass, but the AKG K267 simply eats it for lunch because the COP's mids are just absolutely disappointing.

Very best,

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Comfort is 99.9% subjective. What's comfortable to me, may not be to someone else. I found the M80's comfortable enough, but I have a strong dislike for on-ear headphones (I hate, hate the feeling of Grados for example, yet own several). The M80's were much more comfortable to wear than the Grados. I found the M80's and AT ESW9A's to be relatively equal on comfort, but for my own feeling, the ESW9A felt better due to the shape of the cups. I actually don't care much for the weird shape of the M80, as it made it difficult to get a good seal for me. Others however, seem to report that they find them completely comfortable, easy to seal, etc. So again, subjective to the point of almost not being worthy of stating it since for every plus, there's a con, in that department.
, but the AKG K267 simply eats it for lunch because the COP's mids are just absolutely disappointing.

Very best,

Good point, a shame to hear the nice build an comfort of the DT series does not carry down into the lower models

Well there you have it though, the K267 might be another option as well, 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back