V-Moda M100s, Pioneer Hdj-2000s or AKG Tiësto K267?
Jul 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gus522

New Head-Fier
I want to buy a new pair of headphones and I'm between the v-moda M100s, the Pioneer Hdj 2000s and the AKG Tësto K267. I have a pair of beats by Dre studios but after a while using them I get tired or uncomfortable, i also don't like too much their sound quality and I've heard of these pair, I've also seen some reviews and i want to know more. I'm looking for a comfy, portable, resistant and with a good sound quality pair of headphones. I'm a DJ so I also want a pair of headphones that can work for me.

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 9
In those 3, ive tried only the V-Moda's and the Pioneer's. If you compare the two, the V-moda M-100 is the best. Although im not sure for the AKG.

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #3 of 9
the K 267 and Pioneer are both fragile, I broke both within weeks of getting them. Shorts in the cables happened fast, and both also broke at the swivel. 

The M-100 is a tank in comparison, but I've also had cable shorting problems with V-Moda in the past, (Crossfade LP, LP2, M-80) although no problems with the M100 so far. 

Soundwise the M100 is also better than the other two imo, especially for DJ'ing, very clean sound with clear mids and high mids. The shields can also be personalized on the M-100's so they can be very stylish for a DJ. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
the K 267 and Pioneer are both fragile, I broke both within weeks of getting them. Shorts in the cables happened fast, and both also broke at the swivel. 

The M-100 is a tank in comparison, but I've also had cable shorting problems with V-Moda in the past, (Crossfade LP, LP2, M-80) although no problems with the M100 so far. 

Soundwise the M100 is also better than the other two imo, especially for DJ'ing, very clean sound with clear mids and high mids. The shields can also be personalized on the M-100's so they can be very stylish for a DJ. 

I agree, im not a pro dj but ive had experiences in mixing before and the M-100's are the best of the pack.

Jul 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #5 of 9

But which are the most comfortable of those three pair of headphones?

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
But which are the most comfortable of those three pair of headphones?

I would say the AKG's, although the Marshalls are more comfortable for me, this really depends on head size though. The M-100's had problems with the earpads but V-Moda has some replacements that are supposedly more comfortable. I haven't ordered any though. The stock M-100 pads are fine for me. 

And also out of the 3 the AKG's will be the 1st pair to break, guaranteed. The Monitors and the M-100's are tanks. 

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #7 of 9
   I would say the AKG's, although the Marshalls are more comfortable for me, this really depends on head size though. The M-100's had problems with the earpads but V-Moda has some replacements that are supposedly more comfortable. I haven't ordered any though. The stock M-100 pads are fine for me. 

And also out of the 3 the AKG's will be the 1st pair to break, guaranteed. The Monitors and the M-100's are tanks. 

Thanks! I think I'll go for the V-Moda

Users who are viewing this thread

Back