v-moda m100
Aug 3, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #32 of 41
OK I've got a couple of questions first is are the vmoda 100s the best for money, and second is a galaxy note 3 OK for Spotify or should I get an amp?

I prefer the NAD HP50 to the vmoda m100 for the price. I personally find that the m100 has too mich subbass for my tastes.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #33 of 41
I prefer the NAD HP50 to the vmoda m100 for the price. I oersonally find that the m100 has too mich subbass for my tastes.

This is pretty much it. If you like your bass potent, get the M100 and you're not gonna find anything better at the price range. If you prefer tamer bass, there are better options. As a bass guy (not a basshead, really, just someone who likes bass), I couldn't find anything under $700 that matched the M100, but anyone looking for a neutral or bright sound is going to be wildly disappointed.

The Note 3 should be just fine as a source for 'em, too. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #36 of 41
Hey guys, looking to expand my setup, and want to amp my M-100's... I'm looking at either the Fiio e-11, or Fiio E-07k Andes... What do you think?

I'm a bit late to shove13's question (but only got my M-100s five days ago!), but with my M-100s, using Beats Music from an iPod Touch 5th Gen (like the iPhone 5S, but without the phone) listening to Linkin Park, I find I get a (small) improvement with the Sony PHA-1.  It is a portable DAC and amp that has the ability to read the *digital* (not reconstructed analog as most do) from the iPod 5 / iPhone 5 Lightening Connector.

I love this little PHA-1, and I'm pleased I could recreate shove13's setup to try it.  If I were looking to upgrade my M-100, and was an iPhone user, I'd go with the PHA-1 over just an amp.

Aug 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #38 of 41
It's cheaper because it's a lesser product. No it doesn't sound the same. 

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #40 of 41
Hi guys :) first time poster here...no not from Nigeria, the Caribbean instead :p. I got my M100's just a few days ago but havent had time to use them yet..waiting for the hifiman 901s to be release..I kinda want to break them in with that....and that being said I had a question about that hiss you were hearing. I read thru the post/thread. But i am not sure if you hear that hiss on every single sound...what if you played a blank audio file?..still getting that hiss?..and also are you using MP3 or looseless compression for your cd';s?.. we have similar taste in music...tho im a bit more of a heavy metal and symphonic rock kinda guy...*recently found amarathine and Xandria * ..in advance, i live hidden away in my work shop....its the life i have..heh... so i dont get much exposure to groups in general..and this place sucks for metalheads.. >.< ....anyways.. I wanted to know if you got that hiss with "silent" audio ..and with a loseless format like FLAC?

Hopefully I can be a little help ...or get some incase i hear that hiss when i test mine out.

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #41 of 41
HI guys, im looking to buy the M100 but im not sure if they'll do for me. I travel a lot on the trains and often will wear them at work where i cant afford to leak my hip hop kinda music, but have the need for that extra rumbling bass!! 

I've got Polk 8000 at the moment, but im kinda thinking of going away from ANC and thinking these could be a good fit, im going to be pairing them with a Ibassio DX90 - Rockboxed off course!!

any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back