V-MODA M100 x FiiO E12 Mont Blanc questions.
Sep 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Allucid

Caution: Incomplete trades.
So I've had an nice experience with Fiio in the past, my LP2 x E17 combo was incredible.
The E17's don't work too good on the M100s, and I was recommended the E12. Got it today. One gripe... The sound pretty much sounds the same. :/
I don't know if Addicted To Audio will allow a return, I've had the amp for probably 5 hours now. I have it on 16db gain, as I notice no difference on 0gb gain for sound. With the E17, you could turn up the bass and treble (4,4) and it would actually sound different. With my current combo, it doesn't sound different and it seems I'm stuck with the amp.

What's the best way to get the most out of my E12 x M100 combo?

Sep 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #2 of 22
Actually, the amp is very good. I don't know what just happened, but I was listening to Mac Lethal and it just made everything better.
It really depends on the genre. If it's hardcore dubstep, you probably won't get more out of your M100s, but with soft volume songs or vocal / instrumental songs it works perfectly. It works on some songs, and on others it seems like it only boosts the sound. For 130 dollars, it's an expensive audio controller / twist knob.

Will I get better sound / performance from the amp with a better cable?

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 22
I doubt a cable will do much for you.  However, what you can try is to get a high impedance adapter to being it back towards neutral, then boost the gain for volume.  I haven't done this myself, but this could be nice little experiment that shouldn't cost too much.

Sep 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 22
I doubt a cable will do much for you.  However, what you can try is to get a high impedance adapter to being it back towards neutral, then boost the gain for volume.  I haven't done this myself, but this could be nice little experiment that shouldn't cost too much.

Adapter? Explain. Links?

Sep 23, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 22
Sep 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 22
Sep 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 22
Sep 23, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 22
Thanks. Know any web stores that sell them like Addicted To Audio?

I really have no idea.  Sorry.

Probably have to go through eBay.
Used the Mont Blanc x M100 combo again with the song: KOAN Sound - Trouble In The West with bass boost on. My ears still hear the repercussions, but the bass was incredibly good. It seems the Mont Blanc doesn't really effect the highs.
I asked for an upgrade from my E17, I got one. The Mont Blanc is a lot better on the M100s, compared to the E17 x M100s.

I'll look around, see if I can get the adapter you posted.

Thanks for your help.

Sep 23, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 22
One note on this is that you will need to use high gain after the adapter, but you might found the sound a bit more even and level.

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #10 of 22
One note on this is that you will need to use high gain after the adapter, but you might found the sound a bit more even and level.

I use high gain 16gb on the Mont Blanc and 12 on the E17. It gives me more control over the volume.
So you definitely recommend this adapter, as in, it will work for what I need it to?
I'll buy it pretty much today if it does what I need it to.

Sep 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #11 of 22
I use high gain 16gb on the Mont Blanc and 12 on the E17. It gives me more control over the volume.
So you definitely recommend this adapter, as in, it will work for what I need it to?

75+32=102 ohms, so you should hear quite a bit of change in terms of sound sig for your M-100.  I am guessing here but I think I should level out the sound stage thus pop up the mids a little.  And if you are not happy then just return it or sell it to me as I am the one drag you into this.

Sep 23, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #12 of 22

75+32=102 ohms, so you should hear quite a bit of change in terms of sound sig for your M-100.  I am guessing here but I think I should level out the sound stage thus pop up the mids a little.  And if you are not happy then just return it or sell it to me as I am the one drag you into this.

Sounds good, haha. I really can't spend much on anything, got to get my figures back up.
I'll buy it today, when I get home.

Sep 24, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #13 of 22

Can't buy the adapter, I need a debit / credit card, I use bank.
I see no other option to buy the adapter, probably will return the amp.

Sep 24, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #14 of 22

Just search the for sale section of the forum, I am sure someone here will sell it via PayPal.

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #15 of 22

Just search the for sale section of the forum, I am sure someone here will sell it via PayPal.

I suppose it's worth a try.
Addicted To Audio won't give me a real-money refund, I gave them a grilling for it as I was just about to return the amp when they told me it was store credit only.

If this doesn't work, I'm sure someone on Head-Fi will want a brand-new, mint condition amplifier.
Possibily looking at getting a LOD with the adapter, the FiiO L11. Will this improve my set-up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back