v-moda m100 vs fidelio x2
Jul 8, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi @JIMMY16!

I think one of the biggest differences between the two headphones is that the X2 is open, whereas the M-100 is closed. It definitely makes a big difference in things like soundstage, for example. If you're a basshead, I'd say lean toward the M-100, as the bass is more powerful, but the X2 does have clear bass, more detail up top, and a wider soundstage. The M-100 is a much sturdier headphone to me, though, and I wouldn't hesitate to take it out to enjoy on the go. I personally wouldn't take the X2 out and about, as it's more of a "stationary setup" headphone to me.

But, if you can get a chance to give both a listen (say at a Head-Fi meet or store), you can see how both suit your ears and your personal preferences.

I hope this helps!

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the information. Im definately leaning towards the wider soundstage of the x2. I have to say though, there is just something about the style and great build of the vmoda that i love. I generally use headphones at home and get what youre saying about the portability of the m100 as compared to x2. I just remembered how great people say the build on BOTH of these headphones is. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back