V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Dec 8, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #841 of 925
I got a package in the mail today with the M-100.  Previously, I owned the LP2, which I couldn't stand.  Then I went for the M-80 which was a huge upgrade in sound but ultimately sold due to the on-ear design.  My immediate impression of the sound is a big win with the M-100 so far.  The bass is big but thankfully there's a good mix of mid and sub-bass.  Neither gets overpowering enough to bother me.  It gets close but tolerable.  Vocals are not recessed or forward.  Sounds to be positioned well.  Treble region seems to be laid back, lacks some energy but not so bad.  Soundstage is a big and spacious.  Very good.  I've recently purchased the UE6000, Momemtum, COP, MDR-1R and I have the AKG K167 and 267 to come.  I'd have to say that I like all of the portables that I have currently and the M-100's sound just as good as my favorites of the bunch.  I'll have to let these burn for a few days and compare the lot and see which ones come on top.  I am impressed by these though.  I really thought the mid-bass would offend me but not the case so far.  

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #842 of 925
I'd be curious to know what you think of the M-100. Any idea when you are getting them? I'm hoping to get the Momentum before Christmas (fingers crossed). I know it's not as bass happy but I'm also curious about the Sony MDR-1R.

I put my order of m-100 with customs shield on 22 NOV, still awaiting shipment. And I choosed the slowest shipment without track number to Canada...so I think I'll be with my Momentum alone for this Chrismas...
I do have returned one 1R though. I certainly preferred Momentum over 1R for the clarity and more bodied mid. I heard someone in the 1R thread said that 1R is superior on the soundstage. I'm not on that too. The soundstage of Momentum is not very open but very natural in my ear. Whereas 1R is sometimes artificial....
Anyway, 1R is more comfortable on my ear...

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #843 of 925
I got a package in the mail today with the M-100.  Previously, I owned the LP2, which I couldn't stand.  Then I went for the M-80 which was a huge upgrade in sound but ultimately sold due to the on-ear design.  My immediate impression of the sound is a big win with the M-100 so far.  The bass is big but thankfully there's a good mix of mid and sub-bass.  Neither gets overpowering enough to bother me.  It gets close but tolerable.  Vocals are not recessed or forward.  Sounds to be positioned well.  Treble region seems to be laid back, lacks some energy but not so bad.  Soundstage is a big and spacious.  Very good.  I've recently purchased the UE6000, Momemtum, COP, MDR-1R and I have the AKG K167 and 267 to come.  I'd have to say that I like all of the portables that I have currently and the M-100's sound just as good as my favorites of the bunch.  I'll have to let these burn for a few days and compare the lot and see which ones come on top.  I am impressed by these though.  I really thought the mid-bass would offend me but not the case so far.  

Can't wait for your M100/K167/k267 comparisons.

I am waiting on my K167 to arrive. I will say the price and sound quality from reviews were what won me over on the K167, but will say I certainly love the look, the case, the detachable cables of the M100.

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #844 of 925
Quote:
Can't wait for your M100/K167/k267 comparisons.
I am waiting on my K167 to arrive. I will say the price and sound quality from reviews were what won me over on the K167, but will say I certainly love the look, the case, the detachable cables of the M100.

I think we'll be getting the 167's around the same time.  I'll definitely compare them with the M-100 right away.  

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #845 of 925
Quote:
I think we'll be getting the 167's around the same time.  I'll definitely compare them with the M-100 right away.  

Also waiting on a detailed comparison of the Momentum, M-100 and COP.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #848 of 925
Quote:
I'm unable to register my m100s for the warranty on r.v-moda.com I just got them from amazon. Has anyone else had any issues registering?

No need to worry, I contacted the support and this was the reply:

"We're still working out the kinks of that. No registration is needed if purchased from us or Amazon, just hold onto your order #." -David

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #850 of 925
Which color shadow or matte? I just placed an order of these with amazon to try out since I ordered the hd 650's as well just want to see which one I like better. Since I don't really want to invest in an amp and everything for the 650's.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #851 of 925
Yeah! finally my M100 shipped. I ordered them with and extra pair of chrome shields one signed by Val Kolton.
darthsmile.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #854 of 925
Okay. So I just wanted to pitch in and say that the M-100 are strongly complimented by a ZO2. It sounds so good.

By the way, does anyone know what's going on with the boom mic? I can't seem to find it on the v-moda website.

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #855 of 925
Quote:
how did you get them signed by val?
personal request?
pictures please!
popcorn.gif

I will, as soon as I received them.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
how'd you get him to sign them when hes been out of country for the last couple of months?

Indeed, Val was on a business trip and he arrived to the US just recently. I ordered the signed shields the 11 of this month but the order was put on hold because he was absent. However, yesterday my signed shields were shipped.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back