V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 16, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #541 of 925
Quote:
Yeah I got no tracking with mine. The number I have told me it has left California but that is it. And Australia post will deliver to my door. If I'm not home then a card will be left for me to pick it up from the local post office.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it! :)

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #542 of 925
Copy/Pasted from the other thread.

Gonna throw down an impressions post because I can.

Some albums listened to thus far w/ M-100's (all albums 320kbps or flac)
Mумий Tролль - Необыкновенный Kонцерт B Гостином Дворе, 25.11.2000 (Russian Alt. Rock)

Legendary live album in the Russian rock scene. The vocals make me want to melt, as does the bass guitar. This shows off the beautiful mids and that 'purring' bass of the M-100's.The guitars are rich and detailed. Every note from the drums is clear and separated well. The few saxophone solos throughout the album gave me cold chills. The soundstage is as advertised: impressive. A transcending experience with the M-100's, overall.

Boyz Noise - Oi Oi Oi (Nu-Disco/Indie Electro)
This album always came off as a bit dark to me, even with the M-100. Regardless, it was a fun listen. A few spots in the album (particularly on 'The Battery') show off the bass spectrum, all the way from deep sub-bass to pretty dang high mid-bass. This album was a purr-fest for the cans.

Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth (Industrial Alt. Electronica)

A wonderful album to begin with, the M-100's brought out the best of Trent Reznor. His masterful use of composition and mixing really comes out on these cans. The separation is more impressive than most any other electronic artist I've heard thus far on the M-100's. Many moments of those brilliant highs everyone's talking about. Very crisp with a nice roll-off as not to be piercing. I'll likely elaborate more in a full review, but new light has been shed on me for this album.

Tool - 10,000 Days (Progressive Hard Rock)

Another brilliant album for the M-100's. Being progressive and rather complex at times, instrument separation and soundstage is a key factor in Tool's music. Everything from the individuals plucks of guitar stings to each drum of Danny Carey's huge kit was clear, and the distortion of the guitars during heavier segments was just drops of gold in my ears. That is to say, the mids are beautiful beyond my expectations.

I wish I could listen to these puppies all day, but I also take heed to the advice of not using headphones excessively. I'm writing notes for a full review in a week or so.

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #544 of 925
Quote:
Thanks  for the first impressions. So what impresses you the most are the mids?

Anyone who has seen a few of my posts knows I can be highly critical and nearly impossible to please with even the most minor of flaws a dealbreaker regarding headphones.  However, when I really like a headphone, I REALLY like a headphone.   To me, the mids and highs are perfection.  There is nothing I would change about them at all.  There is no, "They are so good, if only they......".  I never imagined the mids and highs would be this satisfying.

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #545 of 925
I'm sold
confused_face.gif

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #546 of 925
Quote:

Yea same, I think with my ZO2.1 it probably satisfies both my bass needs and as well having the balance I want, ZO2.1 tends to bring the midrange slightly forward while slightly smoothening out the highs which is probably what I'd like compared to unamped M100 listen.

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #547 of 925
Quote:

Yea same, I think with my ZO2.1 it probably satisfies both my bass needs and as well having the balance I want, ZO2.1 tends to bring the midrangly slightly forward while slightly smoothening out the highs which is probably what I'd like compared to unamped M100 listen.

Even my E11 on the high bass setting provides some nice purring.

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #550 of 925
Quote:
Even my E11 on the high bass setting provides some nice purring.

But I hope it's not just a purring but also some good thumping action too. :p I need both the "kick" (subbass, soft rumbling) and "punch" (midbass, hard hitting impact) in the bass.

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #551 of 925
Quote:

But I hope it's not just a purring but also some good thumping action too. :p I need both the "kick" (subbass, soft rumbling) and "punch" (midbass, hard hitting impact) in the bass.

It is tight and punchy, but not a Mike-Tyson-in-his-prime-punch-in-the-head kick like the PRO700MK2 or Q40.  I would classify the M-100 as an audiophile headphone with an excellent bass presentation as opposed to a basshead headphone with high quality mids and highs.

Oct 17, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #555 of 925
Quote:
Does this preorder include the boom microphone, customizable plates, faders, and all the extras like them previous preorders?

doubt it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back