V-MODA LP2 vs M-80?
Oct 28, 2012 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Mheat122134

100+ Head-Fier
I can't decide whether I want the M-80 or the LP2, the M-80 seem to have better specs and I've tried it before and I love it, but I still don't know much about the LP2's can anyone help me out? I mostly listen to rap and kpop, which basically consists of pop, electronic pop (including some rap) and ballads, I care about sound quality and comfort the most. Open to other suggestions too! :)

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 14
If you can up your budget to $300, wait for December and get the M-100. But, put simply, between the LP2 and M-80 it breaks down like this:

M-80 - Fantastic, audiophile-friendly sound signature with forward mids and a sight bass boost at the expense of comfort.

LP2 - Bass heavy, DJ oriented sound signature but much more comfortable due to circumaural design.

I listen to a lot of Kpop, too, and I think you'd be happier with the vocal presentation of the M-80, but comfort may or may not be an issue with them. I own both the M-80 and M-100 and I think if comfort and sound are your main concerns I say wait for the M-100.

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 14
Well just MY opinion I'd get the V-Moda LP2 because they have extreme style.

What the heck does that mean? Smh

And I agree with spider. If you want on ears get the m80 and of you want over ears...wait for the m100 in a month and a half or so. Lp2 just can't hang in terms of overall sound quality and presentation.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:
What the heck does that mean? Smh
And I agree with spider. If you want on ears get the m80 and of you want over ears...wait for the m100 in a month and a half or so. Lp2 just can't hang in terms of overall sound quality and presentation.

It means they are presentable...? The LP2s exceed in the aforementioned area, while the M80s can quite simply be described as generic in terms of design and build.

Oct 28, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #6 of 14
It means they are presentable...? The LP2s exceed in the aforementioned area, while the M80s can quite simply be described as generic in terms of design and build.

Outside of the red accents on the m80 shadow version they look the same and are built with the same processes so not sure what you mean. Do you have both? I've got the shadow and the pearl m80s and a pair of the matte black lp2s and the only way you can say they are different and worse is if you don't like red.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 14
Are the m-80's good for portability? Like at school, on the bus and walking home? I heard that they are great for the price but I dont know if I want to shell out 200 dollars on headphones just yet. I'm stuck between lots of different headphones like the Sol Republic, vmoda m-80/lp2, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros, Audio Technica ATH-M50, Sennhiser hd25, AKG, and pioneers. I've been looking for around 3 weeks and I'm still not sure. I need something portable but would like to have good sound too. What do you think? I listen to some rap, rock, alternative, indie, and blues (I like guitar, bass, and drum). Thanks for anyone that can help me.

Oct 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:
Yes they are the same. Not sure what the heck he/she is talking about w build and look stuff.

I would know because I have both the M-80 and M-100, which is practically identical to the LP2 save for the hinges!
Quote:
Are the m-80's good for portability? Like at school, on the bus and walking home? I heard that they are great for the price but I dont know if I want to shell out 200 dollars on headphones just yet. I'm stuck between lots of different headphones like the Sol Republic, vmoda m-80/lp2, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros, Audio Technica ATH-M50, Sennhiser hd25, AKG, and pioneers. I've been looking for around 3 weeks and I'm still not sure. I need something portable but would like to have good sound too. What do you think? I listen to some rap, rock, alternative, indie, and blues (I like guitar, bass, and drum). Thanks for anyone that can help me.

The M-80s are pretty good for portability as long as you don't need the ability to fold them up.  It's as good or better than all of the other ones you listed there for portability alone, and same goes for sound.  They'd work pretty well for you, I'd expect.

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #11 of 14
You're all crazy. The LP2s have a totally different design. I'm not going mad...
Okay maybe not totally different, but still different enough to effect which one you'll buy.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
You're all crazy. The LP2s have a totally different design. I'm not going mad...
Okay maybe not totally different, but still different enough to effect which one you'll buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back