V-Moda LP vs LP2 vs M-100?
Mar 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

JohnLD

100+ Head-Fier
Is there a huge difference between the vmoda lp, vmoda lp2, and vmoda m-100? I know there are some minor differences, but would I be as happy with lp's than the others? Please only answer if you own two of these, or at least one of them. And do not answer based off opinion or what you read off the website, because I can do that. Also; I'm an audiophile and a complete bass junky

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 19
i have the lp1 and m-100, im not an audiophile but heres a little bit of what i notice.

lp1's have more bass and are louder. if i crank them up to full volume on my macbook pro the earpads will rumble from the bass. which i like, but make sure to wear earplugs to protect your hearing.

m100's are more controlled when it comes to volume. the bass is tight and punchy, they wont rumble as much at full volume. the highs and mids sound better than the lp1's. id say theyre more well rounded than the lp1. they have a better soundstage which i guess means more depth

i definitely noticed in the bass they both have gotten more powerful with some burn in. not sure about the mids or highs.

i mainly listen to EDM, i dont know how it would sound with other genres.

May 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 19
Is there a huge difference between the vmoda lp, vmoda lp2, and vmoda m-100? I know there are some minor differences, but would I be as happy with lp's than the others? Please only answer if you own two of these, or at least one of them. And do not answer based off opinion or what you read off the website, because I can do that. Also; I'm an audiophile and a complete bass junky

Ive had the LP2 for a year and a half and it has been my benchmark for EDM and bass in general.
just got the m100 a few weeks ago basically better in every way besides build quality which cant get better in my op. just a little less bass.
so if bass and EDM is your main concern go for the LP2 you wont be disappointed. id put that on my life and my 6 years of going to EDM shows also my name sais it all here

May 2, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:
Ive had the LP2 for a year and a half and it has been my benchmark for EDM and bass in general.
just got the m100 a few weeks ago basically better in every way besides build quality which cant get better in my op. just a little less bass.

Yes...this.  I still have the LP2 that I use to game with, but all of my music listening (hip hop, some rock and some dubstep) are done on the M100s now.  They are significantly better in nearly every way.  Yes, a bit "less" bass, but it's also clearer are more well defined.  So less is better sometimes.

May 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 19
Thanks for the answers...but which are most comparable with beats studios? I dont like beats so which would you say is most like it so i know not to get it?

May 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 19
Thanks for the answers...but which are most comparable with beats studios? I dont like beats so which would you say is most like it so i know not to get it?

The original LPs are the most Beats like. The LP2 has a more refined and balanced sound but still more bass oriented. The M100 just balances it even more and smooths the top end out. All three are bass oriented but the higher the price point...the better the rest of the spectrum gets.

May 4, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:
The original LPs are the most Beats like. The LP2 has a more refined and balanced sound but still more bass oriented. The M100 just balances it even more and smooths the top end out. All three are bass oriented but the higher the price point...the better the rest of the spectrum gets.

Alright thanks alot, i appreciate the help

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #8 of 19
Beats is known for having very powerful (muddy) bass. I'm biased, I don't like them.V-Moda headphones are made of leather and steel, the cord is reinforced with Kevlar, and the plugs are 24K gold. Compared to Beats, which is made of cheap plastic, but isn't cheap. V-Moda is a much better choice for build and sound quality, and for price. If you are going for powerful bass original LP is probably the bassiest of the three. I like that the LP gives the depth, power, and some of the rumble of the bass especially for EDM, and Dubstep. I think the LP still sounds plenty more controlled though in comparison to the Beats Studio. The LP has a tighter bass (clear), instead of a more open bass (muddy). I'm no Audophile though, but I like the extra depth of the LP personally.

May 12, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #9 of 19
Hey guys i'm in the market for a new pair of headphones around the mid price range because i want a step up from my beats solo 2. I was thinking the ath m40x's, the sennhieser momentum's 2.0 (wired) and the v moda m100 or the lp-lp2. I mainly listen to eminem and 50 cent. I like bass and id prefer a lot of it but i also want a huge step up in sound quality and clarity. also a step up in build quality as well. Which headphones would be best for me?

May 12, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #10 of 19
  Hey guys i'm in the market for a new pair of headphones around the mid price range because i want a step up from my beats solo 2. I was thinking the ath m40x's, the sennhieser momentum's 2.0 (wired) and the v moda m100 or the lp-lp2. I mainly listen to eminem and 50 cent. I like bass and id prefer a lot of it but i also want a huge step up in sound quality and clarity. also a step up in build quality as well. Which headphones would be best for me?

Just skip over the LP2s...the M100s are so much better, it's worth the extra money.  If you really like bass, there's no contest really, the M100s beat the other two easily. 

May 12, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #13 of 19
Yes, the M-100 is considerably better than the LP. I thought the LP sounded terrible.

(Both of them can be very uncomfortable without the XL pads, so keep that in mind.)

If you are interested in ultimate bass impact, check out this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

As far as audiophile sound quality and epic bass (together in one headphone) goes, my favorite is the Yamaha HPH-MT220.

(It has a nondetachable coiled cable, though, so it's not ideal for portable use, but the build quality and comfort is excellent except for shallow pads that could potentially be an issue. Easy fix: swap the pads or stuff gauze or other material under the right and left sides of the pads. Many other modification tutorials are available in the MT220 thread.)

Coincidence: I'm listening to "Ski Mask Way [Eminem remix]" by 50 Cent right now.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back