V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 26, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #946 of 1,160
BTW these were hard to use on a plane. Just flew from New Jersey to San Diego,CA and I had to put the volume wayyy too high to drown out the plane noise. Not that it's a symptom unique to v moda, none of my passive headphones drown out background noise like noise cancelling does. Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone was wondering about these for travel.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #949 of 1,160
Yeah I know. But I don't fly enough to justify owning it on top of the cfw and it's not good enough for me to replace the cfw with it. Maybe ebay

the solution is one of the ANC BT Headphones which are better than the CFW.
Parrot Zik 2 or 3, Def Tech Symphony 1, BeoPlay H8, Sennheiser Momentum Wireless (Around Ear ad On Ear), Plantronics Backbeat Pro.

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #951 of 1,160
You will not regret.
They are very different from each other so be aware
M2AEBT: warm, smooth, slightly boomy more subby bass (but moderated), rolled off highs, soft leather pads.
M2OEBT: bright, faster, dry punchy bass, colder sound, harder strange material pads.

Anyway if you are looking for the bassy sound of the CFW why don't you consider the H8?

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #952 of 1,160
Thanks for the comparisons mate. Beoplay look good but I don't want on ear. I might have to bite the bullet and try the sennheisers. It's a bummer you can't turn off the noise cancelling as I don't always want that feature.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #954 of 1,160
The new Beoplay H7 is over ears but no noise cancelling.

I tried those at the Apple store. They were good, but I preferred the vmoda sound to them. Plus they're more expensive and don't have noise cancelling. For the record I really like the cfw both wired and wireless. If I got something else like the momentum 2 wireless it would be for the extra features like noise cancelling, longer battery, and maybe apt x. I say maybe because I didn't hear much of a difference with the Sony md1rabt.

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #955 of 1,160
This is like, five months overdue, but how'd faded808 and War Machine mod Cliqfold onto the CFW? Did they cut through the fabric of the headband or what?

I'm kinda clueless when it comes to these things...

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #956 of 1,160
At the leftside of my CFW the inner foam of my xl pad is twisted, I tried to twist it back but without any luck.
https://imgur.com/a/zOZi1

Does anyone else have this problem? Tips to fix it?

I wouldn't want to send it back, last time I sent  my old pair of LP2's back it cost me around 35 EU, shouldn't have ticked the box for track and trace :D  

EDIT: added extra photo in Imgur link

+1

Both of my xl pads have this twisted shape after 3 months of use. They still fit good so I have come to ignore it :)

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #957 of 1,160
I just replaced my iPhone 6 Plus with a Samsung Galaxy S7, and the difference in quality so far with one song (Killswitch Engage - We Carry On) is noticable. I still have my iPad Air 2, so I can go back and forth between the two. Both devices suffer at higher volume, but it's more apparent on the S7. I figure that a BT headphone with aptX support will sound better with the S7 than the CFWs do. I have an old LG Tone sitting around somewhere, but it may not be fair to compare due to the over-ear/in-ear difference, and age of the Tones (they might be BT v2.1 at best).

I bought the CFW fully knowing that these were geared towards iOS devices, so I'm not angry and am not complaining. I can always sell these off and pick up something else, though they're fine wired & I enjoy them with the AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2 DAC. I like the idea of a headphone that's both Bluetooth and wired. Over the fall and winter, all I had to do was pull the cord from the computer, switch on BT, and leave the office. With warmer weather approaching, I'll probably rely more on in-ears and sport models due to heat and sweat. But because of how hard it is to find a good pair of 3-button wired Android headphones, I might need to mainly use Bluetooth.

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #958 of 1,160
+1

Both of my xl pads have this twisted shape after 3 months of use. They still fit good so I have come to ignore it
smily_headphones1.gif

My black xl pads did this, my gray ones did not. The black ones became that way after about two weeks, the gray ones have been installed for three months without changing shape. Maybe its pressure that does it because I had the black ones on my m100 and used to fold them into the case. I noticed the pads would squish pretty tightly. CFW don't fold in the case so the gray pads never squish.

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #959 of 1,160
This is like, five months overdue, but how'd faded808 and War Machine mod Cliqfold onto the CFW? Did they cut through the fabric of the headband or what?

I'm kinda clueless when it comes to these things...

No, there is no cutting required. Just unscrew the three screws that hold the ear forks in place. Make sure when removing the ear forks you pay attention on where these little clips go. It's a lot easier than you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back