V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 26, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #500 of 1,160
Hands down the best headphones as of today! I used to have the M-100, but recently changed to the Crossfade Wireless. Looks and feels much better! I just ordered the BoomPro microphone that I will be using on my PS4. Does anyone know if the XL cushions fit the Crossfade Wireless? If so, I'll be buying that as well. 

- DANI DJ (a 100% Satisfied V-Moda Customer)

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #501 of 1,160
I'm new to these forums but I just got my CFW last week and love em. 

Anyways, I'm wondering if the omission of the cliqfold is a sign that V-Moda is moving away from the design.  I really like the cliqfold on my m100 and is part of the reason I was so easily able to sell my friend on the m100, but I wonder if the cliqfold design adds stress to the plastic clips that attach it to the headband.  I just don't see any reason for cliqfold to be left out.  I would love to see those clips customizable and offer all metal versions for looks and durability. 

Either way, I really enjoy my CFW and m100 and cliqfold or not is not a deal breaker for me.  

Oct 26, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #502 of 1,160
  Hands down the best headphones as of today! I used to have the M-100, but recently changed to the Crossfade Wireless. Looks and feels much better! I just ordered the BoomPro microphone that I will be using on my PS4. Does anyone know if the XL cushions fit the Crossfade Wireless? If so, I'll be buying that as well. 

- Dani DJ (a 100% Satisfied V-Moda Customer)

They do fit the CFW and the BoomPro works great with the PS4.  I even use the Mixamp Pro from Astro in conjunction with the BoomPro and M100.

Oct 26, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #503 of 1,160
  I'm new to these forums but I just got my CFW last week and love em. 

Anyways, I'm wondering if the omission of the cliqfold is a sign that V-Moda is moving away from the design.  I really like the cliqfold on my m100 and is part of the reason I was so easily able to sell my friend on the m100, but I wonder if the cliqfold design adds stress to the plastic clips that attach it to the headband.  I just don't see any reason for cliqfold to be left out.  I would love to see those clips customizable and offer all metal versions for looks and durability. 

Either way, I really enjoy my CFW and m100 and cliqfold or not is not a deal breaker for me.  

Rule #47 of business, don't release products that cannibalize the sales of your existing products. CFW with CliqFold = No M100 sold without discounting the price. 

Oct 26, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #504 of 1,160

- Dani DJ (a 100% Satisfied V-Moda Customer)

Yup the XL pads will fit the Crossfade Wireless.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #505 of 1,160

Rule #47 of business, don't release products that cannibalize the sales of your existing products. CFW with CliqFold = No M100 sold without discounting the price. 

I don't know, they made headphones that are just as good if not better than the M100 and made them wired or wireless in pretty much an identical body.  Although the cliqfold isn't there, the CFW is still very portable.  If they were worried about cannibalizing sales of a similar product, they may have already gone too far or not far enough.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #506 of 1,160
  I don't know, they made headphones that are just as good if not better than the M100 and made them wired or wireless in pretty much an identical body.  Although the cliqfold isn't there, the CFW is still very portable.  If they were worried about cannibalizing sales of a similar product, they may have already gone too far or not far enough.

I think they left just enough differences for the M100 to survive. Different colorways than CFW, dual 3.5mm ports w/ the locking mechanism, CliqFold. Plus w/ the sound signatures being a little bit different, it could come down to preference. To be honest, it's either they were trying to avoid cannibalization or they just reused the LP2 parts. The mic wasn't working on my CFW so I had to get a replacement CFW and they accidentally shipped me an LP2, THAT'S how similar they are. Not even VM can tell, lmao. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #508 of 1,160

I think they left just enough differences for the M100 to survive. Different colorways than CFW, dual 3.5mm ports w/ the locking mechanism, CliqFold. Plus w/ the sound signatures being a little bit different, it could come down to preference. To be honest, it's either they were trying to avoid cannibalization or they just reused the LP2 parts. The mic wasn't working on my CFW so I had to get a replacement CFW and they accidentally shipped me an LP2, THAT'S how similar they are. Not even VM can tell, lmao. 

Lol, that's kind of embarrassing.

I suppose there is enough difference.  I mean I still like my M100 a lot.  I've always wanted the convenience of wireless headphones but just didn't want to lose SQ or to have to worry about battery charging or replacement.  The M100 with the replaceable earcups seems like a set of cans that could last me a very long time which I really like.  I'm still worried about the day that the battery begins to lose too much capacity to use it wirelessly and I really wish the battery was user replaceable.  Maybe someone will come along with a way to replace the battery like they did with the cliqfold :p

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #509 of 1,160

I suppose there is enough difference.  I mean I still like my M100 a lot.  I've always wanted the convenience of wireless headphones but just didn't want to lose SQ or to have to worry about battery charging or replacement.  The M100 with the replaceable earcups seems like a set of cans that could last me a very long time which I really like.  I'm still worried about the day that the battery begins to lose too much capacity to use it wirelessly and I really wish the battery was user replaceable.  Maybe someone will come along with a way to replace the battery like they did with the cliqfold :p

I would love to answer that question if I only had a spare CFW to play around with, I'm very positive that it's possible to change the batteries yourself. :p

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #510 of 1,160

There's always V-MODA's Immortal Life program for when the battery fails. But agreed, it would be nice if it were user replaceable
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back