V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Preview, Videos, Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 1, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #376 of 1,160

Because of your brave shoveling soul, once it gets as cold as -20c here in Boston, I will try how B&W P5 Wireless holds up in the cold. If they survive, then I would expect V-Moda to survive as well. Worst I could think of happening is that there will be water formation due to condensation when bringing headphones from outside to inside, which could then damage the electronics.

However, I'm 95% confident the headphones will handle the cold better than I do. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Not that im trying to see who is coldest but i have used my M100s in -50/-60 below here in Minnesota, I use them as a ear warmer and for music when using the snow blower.

Oct 1, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #377 of 1,160
Has anyone noticed a distinct hiss underlying silent or quiet passages in music? I can't tell if it's an expected Bluetooth artifact or an issue with the headphones I should contact V-Moda about.

Oct 1, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #379 of 1,160
I emailed support asking if the immortal life would work from m100 to crossfade wireless and just got a flat no. Please advise your support team to be a bit more helpful if the policy will be changing. 

Oct 1, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #380 of 1,160
Has anyone noticed a distinct hiss underlying silent or quiet passages in music? I can't tell if it's an expected Bluetooth artifact or an issue with the headphones I should contact V-Moda about.

It's a common bluetooth complaint. I hear the hiss on the CFW too, but I don't seem to notice it on headphones I've tried that support aptX.

Oct 2, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #382 of 1,160
So I just got my Crossfade Wireless in Gunmetal. They're beautiful and I'm sure once I change the cushions and everything they'll be phenomenal, however there is an issue. My shields are blank. I ordered custom fiber shields and they were installed (which means I didn't get to cut my ribbon) but there was no design on them. I acknowledge that support did contact me regarding the image, however I emailed the image to the person they designated, and included my order number so my 3D shields would have my image. Apparently Eric never got my email and so they sent out blank fiber shields instead of what I ordered. Not too happy about that.

Oct 2, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #383 of 1,160
I finally got mine! I have been reading this thread and was kind of worried but I am happy to say that so far my CFW have been great!

I am more of a casual V-MODA fan and music listener so here is my perspective. I own the LPs, M100, XS, and now these and I can say that the CFW Bluetooth mode sounds just as good as the M100 to me and even clearer. I don't notice any Bluetooth hiss during music. There is a slight hiss when nothing is playing sometimes but once music is on even on low volume levels I don't hear it.

One issue is that while I was outside walking using Bluetooth mode the audio would occasionally go in and out. I notice it happens usually when I'm around alot of cars. I feel like that's just a general Bluetooth issue rather than a CFW issue but idk,i haven't given Bluetooth headphones a chance since some old jaybirds I had back in the day.

CFW wired sound even better than Bluetooth and m100 but then again I'm still deciding that for myself. If there is a difference it is positive and slight. I love that it cuts right off as soon as you insert the cord. Great way to save battery or have a backup plan.

I wish they folded but they feel very sturdy.

Also if you plan on using these for being out and about get them. Being cordless is so freeing, I didn't think it would be a big difference but it is to me. No more cord getting caught on my door knob when I'm rushing out my place. And the battery is awesome so far.

I was kind of impatient because it took forever to ship and almost canceled my order but I'm glad I waited.

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #385 of 1,160

Shields came in!

Don't ask me how the Witcher Wolf Isignia passed. Hahah, if anyone wants the base model I think I still have it.

Those look AMAZING! I got in touch with customer service and my issue will be resolved, unfortunately that means waiting another few weeks for my shields but I'm sure the wait will be worth it. So far I'm loving my Wireless but I kinda miss Cliq Fold. I still have my XS though, so if I need ultra portability I'm still covered.
Still, a matte black version of the Wireless with Cliq Fold would have been ideal.

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #386 of 1,160
Those look AMAZING! I got in touch with customer service and my issue will be resolved, unfortunately that means waiting another few weeks for my shields but I'm sure the wait will be worth it. So far I'm loving my Wireless but I kinda miss Cliq Fold. I still have my XS though, so if I need ultra portability I'm still covered.
Still, a matte black version of the Wireless with Cliq Fold would have been ideal.

They're great, BT is great, I agree they should have cliqfold. However, it's not a deal breaker.I love them!

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #387 of 1,160
Glad to hear everybody is enjoying and blown away by the sound thus far, we took a very log time to fine tune it in both analog and digital...

My go-to version today w/ black 3D fiber shields, sculpture, VK monogram on phantom chrome..
Post your pics, I'd especially like to see the steel 3D designs and colors chosen.  

CANJAM DENVER
We will be there and I'll be there Saturday afternoon and all Sunday...

Stop by to talk to us!

Oct 3, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #388 of 1,160
Also just received mine!! Just got one problem! I can't out take the Stock Pads. I don't know even if I tried they seem stucked to my Vmoda. I like the details in the sound but I think it needs more air, it sounds closed and I think the xl pads might help

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #390 of 1,160
Just as a warning, these AREN'T compatible with PS4. At most you can listen to the audio through them wired, but the mic won't get picked up. Also Skype calls (on my phone) through BT, the audio seems to be muddy whereas wired there's no issues. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back