V-Moda Crossfade or Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro?
Mar 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Xiaonyx

New Head-Fier
I am currently interested in upgrading from my Sennheiser HD 439's, as it is desperately lacking bass. Also not a fan of the cans being more of an open-back pair of phones. Ive been looking for some bassy, closed-back headphones that are over ear. I am going to be using these at home and at my school, so i prefer some sort of noise cancelation with more of a shorter cable. But i HIGHLY prefer a pair with detatchable cables so it can be easily replaced and have more of a further portable use. I prefer more of a metal/bulkier pair, so it looks like i spent worthy money on them. I listen to more bassy genres including hip-hop, rap, dubstep, etc. And my budget is at about $200 total. Id rather have a set if headphones that can be powered by mobile devices (like my ipod) without any need of an amp.. Any suggestions? I know im picky sorry.

I have done my research on the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, and they look like a great pair for the price. However the chord is said to be long and not replaceable.. And the use of a amplified source is needed, unless i go $50 over my budget for the special edition 32 ohms version.

I have also been looking at the V-Moda Crossfade LP, and nearly sold by the construction. My only downfalls towards them is the heard of cracking on them, as well as a overpowered low end like Beats. Also not sure if there are better choices out there for me at the price and appearence of the crossfades. They look quite astonishing.

So what is everyones oppinion of the two? What would work better for me? Are there any better fashionable, over ear, $200, bassy headphones out there?

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 12
Alright sweet! Looks like we have a winner here! Though i take it the bass is gradually better on the DT 770 Pro? Heavier i hope? I wish for some really heavy bass, yet not overpowering where it takes away from everything else

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 12
There's a seller on Ebay called cobrasonics who sells 80 Ohm dt770's for a little under $160 shipped. They only post two at a time, though, and they go quickly. But if you get those, you could get a decent amp for them and not be too far over budget.

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 12
Hah, thats why i replaced the inside of a pair of Beats pros with parts from a pair of Sennheiser and Shure headphones. Sexy headphones with Audiophile technology. C; too bad it corrupted after a year.

Well thank you for the oppinion, my choice is made for the beyers! Though i am not too familiar with amp sources. What is the smallest / cheapest / portable amp you know powers the 80 ohm pair of cans? My budget is quite tight

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 12
This is the listing I bought:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170984619320?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

They keep adding new listings, though. Keep your eyes peeled, or set an Ebay notification system if you want.

I used the Fiio E12 to amp mine, but an E11 should work ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back