V Moda Crossfade M100 or Sony XB1000?
Oct 27, 2013 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mezk

New Head-Fier
I have been looking for a new pair of cans to replace mine, and I have high interest in these two. I mainly listen to rap/hip hop and metal/rock. I was curious which would be the better choice (I am open to other suggestions as well). My budget is around $350.

Thanks

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 7
Sony XB-1000 is by far your best bet. I've owned a pair of XB-500's before - an incredibly comfortable pair of cans - and they were great. The 1000's are no different.
A friend let me try his V-moda's, and I was disappointed by the comfort and how well they sealed around my ear. In my opinion, the XB-1000 is the clear winner.

Let me know the cheapest place you find them - I'm quite curious.

Enjoy!

Well... honestly I have never heard the V Moda or the XB 1000 BUT I did own the XB 700 and it was gloriously comfortable! 

My vote is for the Xb1000 also because it's discountinued so :3 it's not going to b around much longer before it get's uber hard to find :D 

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 7
  The M-100 will sound better but they are less comfy. You'll get as much bass, but more mids and highs and better detail.

true but the Sub Bass ox the XB 1000 is un matched... those 70mm drivers are monsters 

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #7 of 7
Also, I the XB1000's will create a better seal. Any of y'all know where I might be able to find a fair for a good price - I've definitely been thinking about it.

Also - an amp might be a good idea too. Just my two cents.

AMP IT FOR SURE. the XB700 really opened up a can of WHOOP FACE with an amp 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back