V-MODA Crossfade M-100: Am I doing something wrong?
Feb 21, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #106 of 123
You can run the bass eq on any pair of headphones up as far as you want but the driver will run out of usable excursion and the ability to handle the rest of the frequency spectrum which will be very suppressed compared to the bass - but perhaps that's what you want.

I think you should post to the bass-heads thread and ask there for help, my listening tastes are not bassheavy.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #109 of 123
Oh, so you're saying I should turn the volume down on my phone, but up on the ZO2? Thanks! I probably wouldn't have thought of that on my own!

Well you can't control the volume of the ZO2.3 in high gain so you simply have to control it on the source anyway. In my case it gives this kind of volume boost if compared with my old motherboard; 43~44% ampless provided roughly the same with ZO2.3 @ high gain and source set to 19~20% so it will give a decent boost in vol, the ZO2.1 that I use is even slightly louder, has one only one gain setting but volume is controllable though only needs source vol set at 14% to sound equally loud so yea it's even slightly more powerful but the upcoming ZO3 is said to have even stronger amping.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #113 of 123
Oh alright! But then what were you talking about earlier with the "bass clipping"?

Well the lower you can run the source volume the cleaner the output will be with ZO and ofc it depends how high the bass boost is set, the higher you go on the bass boost level the lower the volume level might have to be to sound 100% clean (this will vary depending on headphone and source used), with M100 there shouldn't be any issues but I can't speak for dangerously high volume levels as that's not my cup of tea.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #115 of 123
Oh alright! I suppose that makes sense. What do you mean you "can't use the volume of the ZO2 In high gain", though?

I meant you can't adjust the volume on the ZO itself in high gain, it's just one set volume, only possible to adjust it through the source.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #118 of 123
Oh okay alright. I understand now. Thanks!

Just one more thing, make sure you don't use any EQ settings to boost bass with ZO, better let ZO do the work alone and you get better results. Minimal EQing is still okay, like cutting some midbass if you find the midbass too bloated for example or the mids/highs if you're unsatisfied with how the M100 sounds like there but yea try to let ZO do as much work as possible.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #119 of 123
Oh okay! That's probably a good thing to do. I have a preset bass booster on right now and I sometimes forget about it. Thanks for the advice!

And I do like the sound, and I'm giving them some time. But unless the bass is going to basically double with time, I'm kind of thinking I need just a little more.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #120 of 123
Oh, so you're saying I should turn the volume down on my phone, but up on the ZO2? Thanks! I probably wouldn't have thought of that on my own!

No I am not saying that and your attitude has earned my indifference to your plight.

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back