V-Moda Crossfade LP or Ultrasone HFI-580
Dec 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

HeirOfHades

New Head-Fier
Hello, made this account just so I could get this answer lol. Well, first of all I feel I am slowly becoming an audiophile after getting my first pair of klipsch image s-4 in-ear head phones last year and absolutely love them. I love them for listening to mainly dubstep and EDM, but now I wanna move to Over-Ear headphones. Im not very knowledgeable in the area of good headphones but from what I've researched the V-Moda Crossfade LP and Ultrasone HFI-580 seem the best for good bass and EDM yet still having a good all-around sound.

At first I compared the ATH M50s with the HFI-580s and wanted to get the HFI-580s but just saw the Crossfades and I'm no longer sure. Crossfades look soooo sick. This is basically what I think I need to know:
  1. Pros and Cons of each
  2. Which pair should I go with?
  3. The Crossfades seem like you get more extras with it (removable cord, case etc.), is that true?
  4. Heard the Crossfades aren't very good in any other genre other than EDM (I also listen to Rock, and Alternative occasionally), is this true?
  5. If one sounds better than the other, is it really that noticeable or not really?
  6. Is there other headphones im missing that would be better than those two?

Keep in mind I will probably not spend over $200 and I mainly listen to EDM, like dubstep, house, electronic etc. Also I feel I am quite a basshead and enjoy the crazy noises.

Thanks for reading guys! I hope I can make a decision, its so hard with so many options and not being able to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back