V-Moda Crossfade LP/LP2 design flaw.
Apr 30, 2012 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

JSauer21

New Head-Fier
I have had V-Moda Crossfade LP (Pearl White/Chrome) headphones for around 4 months now. I really liked them due to their durable design... or is it? These headphones are made of nearly all metal, other than one two spots on the inside of the headband towards the bottom. Both of them cracked on my headphones, and I have recently heard other people having the same problem.

If you look towards the top left corner the plastic has completely chipped off and cracked around the screw in the picture below.

On the other side the same thing is starting to happen. To the right of the right screw you will notice a crack in the picture below.

Although this piece breaking on the headphone is not fatal, it is very dissapointing to me and it will effect the price if you're going to resell these headphones like me. Also, it does not live up to the durable design that V-Moda promisses.

If anyone wants to purchase this pair of headphones (in U.S.) PM me a offer, or post it below. The only thing wrong with them is that piece of plastic, and I will include all of the acessories that came with it.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 14
I got them on amazon, which usually is good at giving people authentic products, but I can see it being an old model on amazon. I'm just mad because I really want to sell these, but no one is going to want them now.

Apr 30, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 14
You should try contacting V-Moda support.  If these are in fact authentic and if you got them from a good reseller (did you get them from Amazon or one of the third-party resellers there?), they'll most likely replace them for you.

Apr 30, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 14
I looked on V-Moda's website, and how to spot counterfeits. Mine seem legit, but since the price was so much lower before on amazon, it was most likely from a really old lot. I guess amazon is so cheap for a reason I recently bought another pair of headphones off amazon, so hopefully those will be okay.

Oct 18, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #11 of 14
I am looking to buy the Rouge color of the v moda crossfade lp, do you guys think that this problem could still happen or is it fixed for sure. I want my headphones to last a good four years and I don't want any cracking.

Nov 7, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #12 of 14
I just had this same thing happen to the second pair of V-Moda headphones I have owned. The first was the Original Crossfade LP a few years back and now it has happen to my Crossfade Wireless first gen headphones. Both pairs are the white and silver. Also I found it interesting that if the part containing the serial number is removed it will void the warranty. Well guess where the serial number is located on the newer crossfades?
s-l1600-2 copy.png

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
Nov 7, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #13 of 14
I just had this same thing happen to the second pair of V-Moda headphones I have owned. The first was the Original Crossfade LP a few years back and now it has happen to my Crossfade Wireless first gen headphones. Both pairs are the white and silver. Also I found it interesting that if the part containing the serial number is removed it will void the warranty. Well guess where the serial number is located on the newer crossfades?
2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back