V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Nov 28, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #1,653 of 1,668
Nov 28, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #1,654 of 1,668
Got it. Thanks!

I have the Wicked pads and I didn't notice any difference in bass from the XL pads. I did not test a comparison between the wicked and original pads, though. My gold standard for bass testing is the ripped Diablo 1 music tracks, which have the most overloaded bass of anything I have. And they sound splendid on the Wicked pads and a Creative Super X-fi (even with the low bit rate compressed music rip from the CD, sounds much better in 7.1 Super X-fi on mode than stereo mode)

Jan 15, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #1,655 of 1,668
I just got my battery replaced. Got the spare on aliexpress for about $8.00 delivered, a 500 mAh 3.7V that is slightly smaller but also a bit larger capacity than the original one. Had to ask a friend with soldering skills to do it. Could swear the headphones sound better now, probably as the new battery is much closer to spec than the 4 years old one. Remains to be seen how long it lasts, will test over the next week or so. Also got new XL pads coming next week so the old wireless 2 set will be in top shape.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #1,656 of 1,668
I just got my battery replaced. Got the spare on aliexpress for about $8.00 delivered, a 500 mAh 3.7V that is slightly smaller but also a bit larger capacity than the original one. Had to ask a friend with soldering skills to do it. Could swear the headphones sound better now, probably as the new battery is much closer to spec than the 4 years old one. Remains to be seen how long it lasts, will test over the next week or so. Also got new XL pads coming next week so the old wireless 2 set will be in top shape.

Can you kindly link to the one that you bought from Aliexpress for us?

Aug 19, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #1,659 of 1,668
Unfortunately a screw and nut mechanism for one of my hinges broke off and now the cliq fold is more like a free fold. Is there anyway to get new parts to repair this?
Since this mechanism was custom as far as I understand, you might want to either contact V-Moda for spare parts or post an ad here asking for one of the items that were left non-functional after using the upgrade V-Moda used to offer (i.e. cut the cables to get the immortal life discount).

Feb 8, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #1,660 of 1,668
Unfortunately a screw and nut mechanism for one of my hinges broke off and now the cliq fold is more like a free fold. Is there anyway to get new parts to repair this?
Quite late to this, but only way I've discovered a fix is to replace the entire wing with a working one. Believe I've shared video on YouTube as I switched the non-foldable one on my LP's with an XF2 wing, so it also folds.

From what I've experienced & observed, V-Moda themselves are useless in the matter, so much they don't cover. Makes their self-titled "6 Star Service" quite bullschitt. 🦇

Jul 21, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #1,661 of 1,668
Just recently got a pair of the Crossfade Wireless 2 Rolling Stones edition n the bass when connected via wire with a kf5pro amp (around 1.6 watts IIRC) set to about 90% vol on amp and 60-80% on the media player and using a software EQ with the bass region at full blast + a slight increase in preamp gain was very close to the LP2 bass with all similar setting except less preamp gain, via bluetooth was decent too but not as strong bass, tho did have connection issues with my raspberry pi, might have been the location of it though, but the kb/s wasn't staying locked in.

So it seems the strong bass is still around which I was fairly surprised about!

Jul 22, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #1,662 of 1,668
Just thought I would post up. I just placed mine for sale in the classified. Still works great but pads have wear

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #1,664 of 1,668
Just got a pair of these and can’t get the app to work apparently it’s a common thing. Does anyone know how to fix that or another 3rd party app for iPhone to eq these
There is no app for the CF2, that’s only the newer CF3 which offers on-board EQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back