V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Sep 24, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #1,111 of 1,668
I think at former times they were quite bad indeed, deserving the bad reputation they had. Nevertheless I think they are heading at least in the right direction -- which does not mean that they will fit my needs, but nevertheless I dislike religious wars/arguments. For me at least its time to reevaluate.

I'm not trying to start anything by anymeans....just going off of past reputation. I'm pretty much a newb to the headphone world...but the initial reviews of the Studio3s have me very interested.

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #1,112 of 1,668
I'm not trying to start anything by anymeans....just going off of past reputation. I'm pretty much a newb to the headphone world...but the initial reviews of the Studio3s have me very interested.

Sorry, I did not assume you were doing that, I was myself referring to Beats-related discussions here in former times.
My hope is that even Beats can now be discussed in a more civilized manner -- and it does look like that. But I think the Studio3 thread might be more suitable for that anyway.

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #1,113 of 1,668
Sorry, I did not assume you were doing that, I was myself referring to Beats-related discussions here in former times.
My hope is that even Beats can now be discussed in a more civilized manner -- and it does look like that. But I think the Studio3 thread might be more suitable for that anyway.

Good idea. I'll leave the beats discussion for that thread. Although, I am tempted by the Cross Fade Wireless 2...coming from M-100s.

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #1,114 of 1,668
Good idea. I'll leave the beats discussion for that thread. Although, I am tempted by the Cross Fade Wireless 2...coming from M-100s.

And to me the CF2 is really a much refined version of the M100. I'm not into too much bass, so the slight reduction was very welcome, making it more versatile.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #1,118 of 1,668
I guess if the beats can pass the M100 and take a good bit of amping like a champ, then I think I'll bite the bullet. I know its treading in the valley of darkness, bit I fear not....lol
Not the best choice for wired use. MUST have a charge to be used wired. No strictly passive use available for Beats Studios

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #1,119 of 1,668
My 2 cents -- having tested both the Crossfade II Wireless and the Beats Studio 3 Wireless they're very different beasts. Both good headphones, but I prefer the slightly more natural sound and overall design on the CF2, even though I thought the Beats were a little more comfortable and offered both better connectivity and better battery life. One thing the Beats have over the CF2 is ANC, but that isn't really a big deal for my use.

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #1,120 of 1,668
My 2 cents -- having tested both the Crossfade II Wireless and the Beats Studio 3 Wireless they're very different beasts. Both good headphones, but I prefer the slightly more natural sound and overall design on the CF2, even though I thought the Beats were a little more comfortable and offered both better connectivity and better battery life. One thing the Beats have over the CF2 is ANC, but that isn't really a big deal for my use.
I know it's an extra cost, but $25 will get the slightly deeper and more spacious XL pads for the CF2W. I haven't heard the Studio 3, but I doubt Beats would change their house sound much. The line is geared towards the average consumer who views added bass as THE telltale sign of a good headphone. The SQ is now definitely more than respectable, but I doubt they will ever be a good candidate for genres where you really need to Listen to the music as opposed to just feeling the beat from the bass.

Sep 24, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #1,121 of 1,668
I know it's an extra cost, but $25 will get the slightly deeper and more spacious XL pads for the CF2W. I haven't heard the Studio 3, but I doubt Beats would change their house sound much. The line is geared towards the average consumer who views added bass as THE telltale sign of a good headphone. The SQ is now definitely more than respectable, but I doubt they will ever be a good candidate for genres where you really need to Listen to the music as opposed to just feeling the beat from the bass.

Yep, that's fair. The larger pads seem like a good investment I'll have to look into that. The Beats sound isn't going to change anytime soon, but hey they're not aimed at us audiophiles like you said, and if others like it who cares haha.

Sep 25, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,122 of 1,668
Sound signature aside, when you did your testing did the Studio 3 sound significantly better wireless than the V-Moda? I'm just wondering how much the W1 chip brings to the game.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #1,123 of 1,668
I’m still wondering as on how you got your hands on a Studio 3 Wireless, as it hasn’t even been released yet and there is absolutely zero published review of them on Google.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #1,124 of 1,668
I’m still wondering as on how you got your hands on a Studio 3 Wireless, as it hasn’t even been released yet and there is absolutely zero published review of them on Google.

Actually, there are at least a few reviews published online and found on the front page when I searched "Beats Studio 3 Wireless Review." Here's one, here's another (both published 6 days ago), and here's the one I wrote as editor-in-chief for HeadphoneReview.

Sep 25, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #1,125 of 1,668
Sound signature aside, when you did your testing did the Studio 3 sound significantly better wireless than the V-Moda? I'm just wondering how much the W1 chip brings to the game.

Not significantly. The connection was definitely a higher quality (fewer skips, even at distance) than a standard pair of Bluetooth headphones, but IMO not enough to warrant buying them over other headphones like the V-Modas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back