V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Sep 23, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #1,097 of 1,668
I currently have a pair of M-100s...so I guess it would be a bit of comparing apples to oranges
Yeah, definitely. I had M100. Enjoyed the bass slam, but they didn't play well with all genres. Mids we're recessed and highs were very rolled off.but I loved the bass slam. Night and day difference. CF2W is a much more closer to neutral headphone. Far from neutral, but great in the sense that it can play every type of music well. My big issue with M100 was that instruments didn't sound anywhere near how they were supposed to, and voices Definitely felt like they were in the background. Studio 3 may have a similar bass slam yo M100 but CF2W clarity is far above m100. I used to carry a second pair of headphones for instrument and clear vocal Listening. The CD2W is now the ONLY headphone I NEED for portable, again using it wired FIRST, SECOND, and FOREMOST

Sep 23, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #1,098 of 1,668
Yeah, definitely. I had M100. Enjoyed the bass slam, but they didn't play well with all genres. Mids we're recessed and highs were very rolled off.but I loved the bass slam. Night and day difference. CF2W is a much more closer to neutral headphone. Far from neutral, but great in the sense that it can play every type of music well. My big issue with M100 was that instruments didn't sound anywhere near how they were supposed to, and voices Definitely felt like they were in the background. Studio 3 may have a similar bass slam yo M100 but CF2W clarity is far above m100. I used to carry a second pair of headphones for instrument and clear vocal Listening. The CD2W is now the ONLY headphone I NEED for portable, again using it wired FIRST, SECOND, and FOREMOST

Gotcha, I'm hoping I'm making a wise move by attempting to see my M-100s. I for whatever reason am interested in the Studio 3s because of the pretty positive buzz so far and the W1 chip is a big plus for me.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,099 of 1,668
I'm assuming you meant attempting to sell. If we were discussing the original Studio I would say hold off, but assuming you are an Apple user, and based on the level of SQ on the Solo 3, I would say you will be getting a better overall sound. BTW this is coming from someone who has verbally crapped on Best headphones for years, but who is impartial enough to recognize that SQ has substantially improved. Again, I'm assuming that your preferred genres are popular modern music, based on the fact that you use m100. Bass will probably be as good or a little deeper, and mids will be better. Beats push highs a bit, so will be an overall upgrade certainly. And for Wireless use, the noise cancelling is a big win

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #1,101 of 1,668
I really want the CF2W, but I also want something with the best wireless performance possible and that W1 chip just can’t be bested at this point. If the Beats sound at least as good as my M-100s, I’m buying.

Sep 23, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #1,102 of 1,668
Does anyone know when the Studio 3 is supposed to be released? I too am trying to hold off on the CF2W until the Studio drops.

Apple says "mid of October". While I already do own various V-Moda models I did preorder the Studio 3...

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #1,108 of 1,668
Hmm my M100s just sold on Amazon Marketplace so I might just go with the CF2W. Decisions decisions

The CF2 is a worthy replacement in my eyes, with a much better mid/treble representation than the M100, better pads.

From the look of things you won't be the only one going to the 'dark side'.

One could say so...
While the original Beats were quite awful and I always told people asking me about Beats in general, that they could either get better sound of pay less by looking elsewhere, but nevertheless I somehow have quite high hopes for the Studio3. Can't explain, since my short encounter with the Solo3 was rather disappointing (to much treble rolloff for me, too much midbass, on-ear comfort and plasticky design). We'll see. I'll keep the CF2 anyway, so trying them out is not that risky

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #1,109 of 1,668
The CF2 is a worthy replacement in my eyes, with a much better mid/treble representation than the M100, better pads.

One could say so...
While the original Beats were quite awful and I always told people asking me about Beats in general, that they could either get better sound of pay less by looking elsewhere, but nevertheless I somehow have quite high hopes for the Studio3. Can't explain, since my short encounter with the Solo3 was rather disappointing (to much treble rolloff for me, too much midbass, on-ear comfort and plasticky design). We'll see. I'll keep the CF2 anyway, so trying them out is not that risky

I have high hopes to from the Studio3s. Maybe I'm looking at things with a bit of bias but I've always assumed that beats are not looked at in the best regard...but maybe that has changed.

Sep 24, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #1,110 of 1,668
I have high hopes to from the Studio3s. Maybe I'm looking at things with a bit of bias but I've always assumed that beats are not looked at in the best regard...but maybe that has changed.

I think at former times they were quite bad indeed, deserving the bad reputation they had. Nevertheless I think they are heading at least in the right direction -- which does not mean that they will fit my needs, but nevertheless I dislike religious wars/arguments. For me at least its time to reevaluate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back