V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Jun 16, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #964 of 1,668
Has anyone tested their CF2W with the multipoint pairing?

I know that within Windows, if you want to use a single Bluetooth connection and maintain both a voice call (Skype/Hangouts/etc) and play games with your friends, it will use the Headset profile which reduces your sound quality down to mono and is terrible, of course, for your game audio.

You can get an adapter like this: https://smile.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless/dp/B01KO1JNCA and use that to have the game audio send to either your optical/digital output.

Question is if the CF2W will work fine with having 2 sources sending you audio. Kind of an expensive experiment if I ordered it :wink:

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #969 of 1,668
So the pair I bought for 269 last week don't fatigue my ears at all, but my wife's pair (also Rose Gold) do. Same sources, same songs from the same service. I don't get it. I love these for all the content I was previously using an M-100 for - video games, movies/TV, and music. For gaming I use a FiiO A3 with Base Boost enabled. For movies, I use bluetooth connected to an Apple TV. For music I'm using a MacBook Pro sometimes wired, sometimes via AptX. Wired is definitely better, but bluetooth appears to have a larger soundstage, which I like for movies and would use for gaming, but PS4 doesn't support it. Regardless, loving them. My wife doesn't find hers to be fatiguing at all but thinks mine is warmer (more bass).

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #970 of 1,668
So the pair I bought for 269 last week don't fatigue my ears at all, but my wife's pair (also Rose Gold) do. Same sources, same songs from the same service. I don't get it. I love these for all the content I was previously using an M-100 for - video games, movies/TV, and music. For gaming I use a FiiO A3 with Base Boost enabled. For movies, I use bluetooth connected to an Apple TV. For music I'm using a MacBook Pro sometimes wired, sometimes via AptX. Wired is definitely better, but bluetooth appears to have a larger soundstage, which I like for movies and would use for gaming, but PS4 doesn't support it. Regardless, loving them. My wife doesn't find hers to be fatiguing at all but thinks mine is warmer (more bass).

Based on the reviews I've read including the Headfonia review above V-MODA's micro amp does improve sound in the ways I was hoping as I've been posting for months that proper amps in wireless headphones can improve sound over their wired version, namely with seperation, soundstage, and bass.

However, based on other reviews and your concensus it seems that the manufacturing process to ensure driver consistency that they've boasted about on the M-100 isn't producing the same results with the CF2W.

Jun 20, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #972 of 1,668
Jun 26, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #973 of 1,668
Interested in getting new, higher quality cans, wireless, and good sound is important to me. So after researching various headphones, I shortlisted to the QC35, the CF2W, B&W P7 Wireless.

I was about to select v-moda, but since I use an iPhone so AAC codec matters to me.

After reading the 65 pages here and the seeing the lack of response by v-moda, it made me question how serious the company is.

I asked the question to their support team by email. I found their answer 'We don't know, but they sound good" doesn't fit the price tag or the audience these headphones are meant for. here's the conversation

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks,

I worked at Microsoft's, HP and other companies tech support for years. Almost every day I came across a question I did not know the answer to, and in such cases, I would try and find out the answer.

If I could not then I would send emails to engineering teams to find the answer. That's what support teams do.

AAC Support is critical to iPhone users, and that is a lots of people. However good the headphones sound wireless, AAC makes a difference, especially when it comes to the audience that is interested in your products.
I came across this thread, from the very forum that helped launch v-moda: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/v...discuss-it-with-val-kolton-head-fi-tv.842582/

After 65 Pages or so, and dozens of people asking this exact question, there was never any answer from v-moda, and your CEO bailed out after one message.

If for some reason it does not support AAC, then just say it, you can even suggest to buy an aptx mini Bluetooth adapter as a workaround, or do a blind test to see if people can tell the difference.

Whatever you do, it will be better than responding this way, honestly, it makes v-moda look shadowy. Just my two cents.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 12:10 PM, <support@v-moda.com> wrote:
# Please type your reply above this line #
az5w6xMxOA6zK7MpHDALeAvws0mLpPc_8-If24OwNmjW28fUSgu0bdKM64_kRmEtuz05djkN4jMuH4PjIuprDi11W64dnk06RFXAJAYkMsL3K9E=s0-d-e1-ft

Ticket ID: 119951

Your request has been deemed solved. If you wish to reopen your ticket, reply to this email

David, Jun 26, 9:10 AM PDT:
Hi Rudy. We don't have that information available. However, the wireless sound should be excellent without any added hardward/software.

Rock On,
David
V-MODA Customer Service

rudy, Jun 25, 8:33 PM PDT:
I would like to know if yes or no the crossfade wireless 2 support the bluetooth AAC codec.

If not, what do you suggest to get the best possible wireless sound with an iphone?

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #974 of 1,668
If AAC is important to you, don't buy these headphones. It's clearly not important to V-Moda. I will say, though, they sound excellent when paired with an iPhone/iPad/AppleTV4. That's not to excuse V-moda's shameful manner in which they've handled this whole codec situation.

Jun 26, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #975 of 1,668
If AAC is important to you, don't buy these headphones. It's clearly not important to V-Moda. I will say, though, they sound excellent when paired with an iPhone/iPad/AppleTV4. That's not to excuse V-moda's shameful manner in which they've handled this whole codec situation.

It is, ALAC files + AAC makes a difference. I think I'll go with the P7 wireless. I liked the design and foldability better on the v-moda too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back