V Moda Cross Fade M-100 vs Ultrasone DJ1 Pro vs latest headphones, best DJ, best sound reproduction/soundstage
Jun 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tweakings

New Head-Fier
Hi, this is my first post.

I have been reading up on headphones for a few months now from this forum, many others, and looking on review sites and youtube.

I am looking for the "best of the best," but not "luxury" $1000+ headphones. My top qualification is sound: the most accurate sound reproduction (no exaggerations in low, mid, or highs) and best sound stage... 

I would like to use these headphones for two purposes, both of them are top priority to me.
1. For DJing electronic music. I'll need to contend with a massive sound system of DIY cabs and high end amplifiers (which I'll eventually build after gaining roddie/audio enginnering experience) so 1000+ people can enjoy tactile audio experiences, that's my aim and estimate, any way.

2. For listening to volumes of electronic music as I learn more about the many, many genres which I enjoy. I've just bought a Pioneer DDJ-SX and will be running the headphones from it.

So far I have narrowed down to two options, but correct me if I'm wrong/you know of better options.

V Moda Cross Fade M-100, which I've read are "better" than Pioneer HDJ-2000 in terms of sound quality.
Ultrasone DJ1 Pro,  I've read are "better" than Allen & Heath XD2-53 in terms of sound quality and comfort.
+I know there's new headphones coming out in the market all the time, so I am not up on the latest....
Another long standing contender was the Senheisser HD-25 II which many DJ's prefer, but they are best for the studio than for the DJ booth, I've read.

I found there's usually a variety of options. I don't particularly enjoy having a "variety of options," I'm always looking for the final answer....

Given my qualifications which are better, The V Moda Cross Fade M-100 or the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro ... or something else? I would be happy to consider any option. But at the end of this post, it would be good to have some final answers, or best, one final answer.  It would be nice to see a debate amongst the knowledgeable, if needed.

Durability, comfort, and being compact is good, but not on the top of the list of qualifications; they all are equally important to me, but not as much as my top qualifications.

Thank you.

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hi, this is my first post.

I have been reading up on headphones for a few months now from this forum, many others, and looking on review sites and youtube.

I am looking for the "best of the best," but not "luxury" $1000+ headphones. My top qualification is sound: the most accurate sound reproduction (no exaggerations in low, mid, or highs) and best sound stage... 

I would like to use these headphones for two purposes, both of them are top priority to me.
1. For DJing electronic music. I'll need to contend with a massive sound system of DIY cabs and high end amplifiers (which I'll eventually build after gaining roddie/audio enginnering experience) so 1000+ people can enjoy tactile audio experiences, that's my aim and estimate, any way.

2. For listening to volumes of electronic music as I learn more about the many, many genres which I enjoy. I've just bought a Pioneer DDJ-SX and will be running the headphones from it.

So far I have narrowed down to two options, but correct me if I'm wrong/you know of better options.

V Moda Cross Fade M-100, which I've read are "better" than Pioneer HDJ-2000 in terms of sound quality.
Ultrasone DJ1 Pro,  I've read are "better" than Allen & Heath XD2-53 in terms of sound quality and comfort.
+I know there's new headphones coming out in the market all the time, so I am not up on the latest....
Another long standing contender was the Senheisser HD-25 II which many DJ's prefer, but they are best for the studio than for the DJ booth, I've read.

I found there's usually a variety of options. I don't particularly enjoy having a "variety of options," I'm always looking for the final answer....

Given my qualifications which are better, The V Moda Cross Fade M-100 or the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro ... or something else? I would be happy to consider any option. But at the end of this post, it would be good to have some final answers, or best, one final answer.  It would be nice to see a debate amongst the knowledgeable, if needed.

Durability, comfort, and being compact is good, but not on the top of the list of qualifications; they all are equally important to me, but not as much as my top qualifications.

Thank you.

DJ hps are rare in head-fi, to be honest. It would all depend on what kind of sound you are looking for. I'm going to guess that you want something that sounds like loud speakers, so my suggestion goes to M-100, but beware as I've not heard the DJ1.

Jun 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 4
I have read that though vmoda sounds really good they have exagerated bass and they don't isolate the best. also that they are very sturdy. But for what I like I think they would be the choice for me. But for what you mentioned I don't know. But they would probably work.

I would recommend the german maestro gmp 8.35d. they sound great and isolate amazingly.

Though i havent heard those others I know for sure the Germans would do the trick.

I came here hoping someone would compare these two because I am interested in them. But for what you are looking for you do need something that can take a beating. It sounds like you would be using them as a go to hp.

The Germans construction can't be beat and can take high volumes and sound very good still and are almost indestructable.

Jun 13, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I have read that though vmoda sounds really good they have exagerated bass and they don't isolate the best. also that they are very sturdy. But for what I like I think they would be the choice for me. But for what you mentioned I don't know. But they would probably work.

I would recommend the german maestro gmp 8.35d. they sound great and isolate amazingly.

Though i havent heard those others I know for sure the Germans would do the trick.

I came here hoping someone would compare these two because I am interested in them. But for what you are looking for you do need something that can take a beating. It sounds like you would be using them as a go to hp.

The Germans construction can't be beat and can take high volumes and sound very good still and are almost indestructable.

Yeah. I've heard great things about German Maestro 8.35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back