UW Madison area head-fiers?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2018 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

cpzzy

500+ Head-Fier
This’ll be my first year at UW Madison, and as a “mindless” audiophile, I brought my entire headphone setup to my tiny student apartment on campus. Are there any other head-fiers around this area? :)

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 5
I'm not really in your area (from Milwaukee) but I'm defiantly interested in any public headphone meets between Chicago and the twin cities. Just bought back into an he-6 and i really want to hear more of whats out there before doubling down on a speaker amp.

Akg k1000

Nice, what are you driving it with, very interested as an he-6 owner with a humble 8 watt into 50 ohm NOS11. also nice 15 years on headfi, I feel like the community has shifted a lot in the last few years, i can only imagine how it looks for you.

Aug 30, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #4 of 5
I was using an International Audio Group single ended el84 amp. Nice amp but not enough to drive the K's
Now using a dual mono Carlos LM3886 gainclone diy amp based on the 47 Labs amp which I think is fantastic.

I connected with cpzzy from the original post. Will try to get a get together scheduled.

Sep 9, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm disappointed no one else has responded, I blame them for locking the old regional threads. One post on those and most of the area headfi'ers will get e-mails immediately, people would need to be searching to find this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back