Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #61 of 160
I have owned a home theater company for 20 years and I've known the Kimber guys that whole time. I've never sold their cables but we always chat at the booth at CES. It would be very fun to have it up there at their place. Not only that they can show off all they're awesome cables, I think they're trying to get into the headphone market pretty heavy now. This could be a good opportunity for them.

May 8, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #62 of 160
I have owned a home theater company for 20 years and I've known the Kimber guys that whole time. I've never sold their cables but we always chat at the booth at CES. It would be very fun to have it up there at their place. Not only that they can show off all they're awesome cables, I think they're trying to get into the headphone market pretty heavy now. This could be a good opportunity for them.

Would you mind contacting them to see if they would mind hosting our meet?

May 8, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #63 of 160
Was happy to get a PM about this meet. Am planing to attend. No high end stuff just Senn HD-598, Senn HD 439, Sony MDR X10 (the much insulted can's on this site. For the $70 I paid on them if EQ'd a bit I think they are pretty good for on the go use and very comfortable) Senn 229 (a great budget choice) Also like most here have a Fiio Alpen. 

May 8, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #64 of 160
Was happy to get a PM about this meet. Am planing to attend. No high end stuff just Senn HD-598, Senn HD 439, Sony MDR X10 (the much insulted can's on this site. For the $70 I paid on them if EQ'd a bit I think they are pretty good for on the go use and very comfortable) Senn 229 (a great budget choice) Also like most here have a Fiio Alpen. 

We're excited to have you come! We're still nailing down the date but should have the final date soon.

PS please include your hardware and headphones in our Google spreadsheet.

May 8, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #65 of 160
Bumping the spreadsheet link to page 5.

We're excited to have you come! We're still nailing down the date but should have the final date soon.

PS please include your hardware and headphones in our Google spreadsheet.

I don't really have any equipment to brag about either.

I've set up a public shared google sheet if anybody interested wants to insert what they've got to contribute at a meet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XW7iXNdDMd3xwjK42tefcUubKXFJNA379Ds395nWzOs/edit?usp=sharing

For those without spreadsheet chops, Alt+Enter is how you enter multiple items in a single cell.

May 11, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #70 of 160
Awesome!

Jaybirds are central here in Utah if anyone has connections there. I agree about the library, it's a dicey place.

I'll post my gear, but I have lcd 2.2s, sennheiser hd700, jh16's, mjolnir, dac x-9, Xduoo ta-01, fiio x3. Couple other random iems too.

May 12, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #71 of 160
Well I was in the two previous meets in 2010-11. Someone should search the previous meet thread and tried to reach out to those that were there. We had a great time meeting at Kimber Cable. kimber even set up their Sennheiser Opheus HE90 for us to hear. If someone can reach out to Ericj I believe he is the one that has many of the Stax. I will need to check my calender to make sure I am in town on 6/18. I will be happy to come to the meet.

Wut? 

Yes i have many stax. And tons of AKG. 

I sort of burned out on the form-over-function stuff. All i listen to lately is my baby stax. 

May 12, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #72 of 160
Ok I guess the Downtown library is out!! 

Hello Sterling, 

June 18th is a Saturday. The library closes at 6 pm on Saturday's. We are not able to accommodate your current request. Please let us know if you have an alternate date or time you would like us to check for availability. 

Thank you,

Heidi Steed
Events Assistant 

Events Services
Salt Lake City Public Library
210 East 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
801-524-8218 
reservations@slcpl.org

May 12, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #73 of 160
  Ok I guess the Downtown library is out!! 

Hello Sterling, 

June 18th is a Saturday. The library closes at 6 pm on Saturday's. We are not able to accommodate your current request. Please let us know if you have an alternate date or time you would like us to check for availability. 

Thank you,

Heidi Steed
Events Assistant 

Events Services
Salt Lake City Public Library
210 East 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
801-524-8218 
reservations@slcpl.org

I think a lot of people didn't want to have it at the library because the event has to be open to the public.  So that isn't an option anyway.

I'm going to wait a bit longer to do anything with 801labs to see if we can get a corporate sponsor.

May 12, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #74 of 160
Awesome!

Jaybirds are central here in Utah if anyone has connections there. I agree about the library, it's a dicey place.

I'll post my gear, but I have lcd 2.2s, sennheiser hd700, jh16's, mjolnir, dac x-9, Xduoo ta-01, fiio x3. Couple other random iems too.

Welcome @bozoskeletonz we look forward to seeing you at the meet.
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks for the addition of Jaybirds.  We'll look into that.

May 23, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #75 of 160
To update everyone on the meet.  We are still on for a June 18th meet at 801labs.  I haven't been able to find another location to hold the meet.  I am waiting until the end of this week to sign up for the membership so we have plenty of time between our meet and the membership ending.  

Please RSVP to the meet by sending me a PM.  Please include your name and any donation you are will to make to help me pay for the membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back