Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #17 of 160
If there's just a few people, someone might have to just step up and host at their home. Free indoor public meeting venues tend to collect homeless folks. 4-6 people BYOB + pizza.

Nov 4, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #19 of 160
Some of the other groups that I frequent have meetings at SLCC's Larry Miller Entrepreneurship building. It might be an option.

Nov 13, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #20 of 160
Moved to Orem a couple of months ago from WI. I'd love a meet in SLC or more south in Provo. Last meet up for me was CanJam 2010.

Feb 12, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #21 of 160
I'm new to this, but would love to come to a meet. I just met the owner of Aris Audio, a high end audio shop in SLC and think he may be open to host. There are probably local libraries that have rooms as well to meet.

Feb 28, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #23 of 160
I'm new to this, but would love to come to a meet. I just met the owner of Aris Audio, a high end audio shop in SLC and think he may be open to host. There are probably local libraries that have rooms as well to meet.

As mentioned previously as long as we stay away from the homeless I'm good. The homeless are drawn to the downtown library as a sanctuary.

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #25 of 160
Maybe we should compile a list of possible SLC attendees and what gear they have to generate some interest. It would truly suck if this happens and three dudes show up all with ATH-M50's and FiiO E6 amps. Personally, I'd like to try out some Stax, MrSpeakers, Grados, HD600/650, high-end Fostex. I'd also like to hear a Bottlehead Crack, Woo WA7, or one of the Garage1217 amps.

Mar 1, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #26 of 160
I totally agree. I'll admit that I don't have much to share in terms of equipment except appreciation (I've got Philips Fidelios L1s, V-Moda Crossfade M100, and FiiO E11, so you pretty much described me
blink.gif
). However, I'd love to try all of those you mention and more. Not sure how to get a list, so if you're in Utah and want in, add to this thread.

Mar 1, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #27 of 160
I don't really have any equipment to brag about either.

I've set up a public shared google sheet if anybody interested wants to insert what they've got to contribute at a meet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XW7iXNdDMd3xwjK42tefcUubKXFJNA379Ds395nWzOs/edit?usp=sharing

For those without spreadsheet chops, Alt+Enter is how you enter multiple items in a single cell.

Mar 3, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #28 of 160
Just updated the Google Doc with my contribution. Sorry I don't have more to share! So far only 4 people on the list.

Edit:
I don't know how everybody else feels about it, but I'm sure I can get access to an LDS Church to host a meet up. It'd be a free, clean, and public place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back