Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!!
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #46 of 160
I think the 801labs is the best idea, I'd be happy to throw in $10 or something to help out and of course bring my pile of gear that I have. If we can get 4 other people to pitch money it isn't bad for anyone, or if 10 people wanna come could do $5 a person and boom easy.

May 5, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #47 of 160
  I think the 801labs is the best idea, I'd be happy to throw in $10 or something to help out and of course bring my pile of gear that I have. If we can get 4 other people to pitch money it isn't bad for anyone, or if 10 people wanna come could do $5 a person and boom easy.

Excellent.  Thanks @jgoodwin for the second on 801labs.  I will pitch in whatever isn't covered.  I'll call 801labs tomorrow and get the room reserved for June 18th.

I talked with Zach from ZMF and he said that he will try to get out to the meet too.  He'll bring a bunch of demos that we can try out.

May 6, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #49 of 160

Excellent.  Thanks @jgoodwin for the second on 801labs.  I will pitch in whatever isn't covered.  I'll call 801labs tomorrow and get the room reserved for June 18th.

I talked with Zach from ZMF and he said that he will try to get out to the meet too.  He'll bring a bunch of demos that we can try out.

Woah. Alright, if Zach from ZMF is at our cute little meet... THAT WOULD BE INSANE. Great idea. 

May 6, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #50 of 160
Wow I started this thread and totally dropped the ball!!! I am sorry to anyone I never responded to or got excited about this meet and never followed through....

Please count me in and I would like to pay for the Venue like I offered before. I have a ton of gear that I can bring and setup.

Thanks

Sterling 

May 6, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #53 of 160
Just bumping the speadsheet post to the new page of the thread to keep it visible.

I don't really have any equipment to brag about either.

I've set up a public shared google sheet if anybody interested wants to insert what they've got to contribute at a meet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XW7iXNdDMd3xwjK42tefcUubKXFJNA379Ds395nWzOs/edit?usp=sharing

For those without spreadsheet chops, Alt+Enter is how you enter multiple items in a single cell.

May 6, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #54 of 160
  Wow I started this thread and totally dropped the ball!!! I am sorry to anyone I never responded to or got excited about this meet and never followed through....

Please count me in and I would like to pay for the Venue like I offered before. I have a ton of gear that I can bring and setup.

Thanks

Sterling 

ahaha, no worries man I know it happens, and even we have procrastinated it for months. But I like the June 18th date, probably eveningish time 6pm or 7pm till whenever.

Looks like atm we could get a rough count of 10 or so. Either Sterling or Jerick want to get in contact with 801, I have talked to them before so one or two people know there was an interest in doing this. I would but I don't wanna take up lead on this, but I will be happy to do support/production on it. Let me know if you need help contacting them, I can get you to the right people.

Also do want this as a semi public event, or are we gonna try and keep it to us+close friends?

May 6, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #55 of 160
Thanks for the encouragement. I have contacted the downtown library and told them what we are looking for, I should hear back soon. I also called a few hotels to see what was available. Most hotels are around 200 bucks for the night. What's funny is most of them don't reserve anything that far out. They want to me to call them back on the 18th to see if they were available. I will keep looking for a "free to tax payers" community conference room. Larry H. Miller entrepreneurial center also has a meeting rooms I'm not sure what they charge, but it's worth a look. I think if we all decide it's 18 June we can start planning around that day.

May 6, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #56 of 160
Well I was in the two previous meets in 2010-11. Someone should search the previous meet thread and tried to reach out to those that were there. We had a great time meeting at Kimber Cable. kimber even set up their Sennheiser Opheus HE90 for us to hear. If someone can reach out to Ericj I believe he is the one that has many of the Stax. I will need to check my calender to make sure I am in town on 6/18. I will be happy to come to the meet.

May 6, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #57 of 160
... Someone should search the previous meet thread and tried to reach out to those that were there. We had a great time meeting at Kimber Cable. kimber even set up their Sennheiser Opheus HE90 for us to hear. If someone can reach out to Ericj I believe he is the one that has many of the Stax. ...

I searched and sent a PM to ~25 head-fi members from previous Utah meets that are still relatively active on the forum. Ericj was one of them.

May 6, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #58 of 160
Should someone crosspost this to /r/headphones? We might be able to tap into a larger crowd there. I don't know the specific rules for posting about headphone meetups, but I think it'd be fine. 

May 7, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #59 of 160
This thread has come to life! Unless someone else finds a different venue I'll contact 801labs next week to get the ball rolling with them. This is going to be an excellent meet!

Meeting at Kimber Kable sounds like a excellent option! I sent them an email a few days ago and haven't heard back. Does someone have connections at Kimber?

May 7, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #60 of 160
What does everyone think about getting some other audio companies to come out to our little get together?  It looks like they are will according to the Portland Oregon head meet thread...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/802044/portland-oregon-head-fi-meet-may-7th-9-30am-3-30-pm-mt-scott-community-center#post_12430778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back