USPS used to be a rock for me
Jul 21, 2009 at 4:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Zalithian

Headphoneus Supremus
Now they're just full of disappointment. Mailed someone a package last monday via USPS Priority. No updates on it until today only to find out after a week they have moved it from Syracuse, NY to Rochester, NY - aka 45 minutes away. Pretty bad.

I also ordered something Wednesday. It was shipped Thursday from Monsey, NY. That's around 250 miles away, so I should have gotten the package Friday. No dice. Saturday? Nope? Today? Nope. Called the company who shipped it, and apparently the USPS routed it from Monsey, NY to Warrendale, PA, and it is now on its way to Ohio for some reason.

I just don't understand how they could make such monumental errors. I always liked them even more than UPS, but these latest developments are quite the let down.

USPS, what happened to you?!

Jul 21, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 14
2 weeks ago I bought a caffeine amp from a member here in the FS section which never arrived, he refunded me fully but he's out of pocket for that.. . I guess you have to take tracking out for even the smallest of packages, what really gets me is there is no guarantee of delivery unless you pay extra?

Jul 21, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #3 of 14
I'm not sure. I have tracking on both packages. There was just no update on the one package from Monday - Monday and not much on the other. It's much worse than an actual tracking system.

I don't understand how something can be so close to me and then sent the opposite way. It's not like they have the wrong address. Monsey, NY to Minoa, NY = Warrendale, PA and then Ohio? Who hired these idiots?

Jul 21, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 14
FYI, there's a contract between the USPS and FedEx for air transport. This is why I don't blame the USPS for everything that happens to packages. I've had flaky service from FedEx lately - an overnight package I shipped last week at work took an extra day to arrive. We've had similar delays getting stuff to Las Vegas, even. FedEx tells us that Las Vegas isn't considered a "west coast" city when it comes to deliveries.

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #5 of 14
I don't see how air support is relevant in my situations. They weren't sent next day or everything. They were sent priority, and one was shipped from hours away by car. Good to know though, I suppose.

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand how something can be so close to me and then sent the opposite way. It's not like they have the wrong address. Monsey, NY to Minoa, NY = Warrendale, PA and then Ohio? Who hired these idiots?

It's not strange. I once sent a package to a headfier who is in the same state with me (Ohio). It's funny that the package moved to PA and then moved back to OH, but not directly.

Recently, Fedex screwed up with my package which was said to be delivered at my door. Guess what? Nothing in front of my door.

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #7 of 14
It doesn't make any sense, still. As I mentioned previously, there is no reason the first package should have moved 45 minutes away in one week via priority (unless of course they lost it, and they probably did!)

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #8 of 14
UPS has been ticking me off lately. They used to come to my house at 11-11:30am, like clockwork. Now it's become completely unpredictable, sometimes here at 9:30am, and others at 8:00pm (like the day my JH13 came in
frown.gif
). Ugh.

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #9 of 14
This is about USPS, but then again I don't mind complaints about UPS because I think they suck too. I tried returning a package last week, changed my mind and canceled it through amazon. UPS still left me a message saying they were coming. Called UPS to get the pick up canceled and they couldn't find my phone number, so they came to my house anyway. Now I tried to actually get them to pick up the item which I decided I actually do want to return and they have gone by my house twice. I need to figure out how to talk to an actual person again when I call them.

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #10 of 14
Well...between UPS, USPS, and FedEx, that's pretty much all the carriers in the US... DHL is the other one, but they suck even more and they don't even do domestic shipping anymore in the US. Stuff happens, you just have to make sure you pack everything very well and insure it.

As for USPS, I had a good experience with them this past week. I delivered out an amp from CA to WA, and it arrived today at the recipient in perfect shape. I'm going to stay with USPS just because they ship things pretty fast these days and at a much cheaper price than the other companies. Tracking isn't as good with USPS, but for the price, I can live with that.

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #11 of 14
To me, USPS is the best. I know my carrier by name. I let him know I'm expecting something and he knocks on the door like clock work when the package arrives. I know how to use USPS like second nature. My Mother has worked there for almost 30 years and was taught the right way in the beginning. Any questions I have an in, besides a cousin that is a postmaster. UPS has the best tracking, and Fedex is only good if you live in Memphis. Just my experience.

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see how air support is relevant in my situations. They weren't sent next day or everything. They were sent priority, and one was shipped from hours away by car. Good to know though, I suppose.

Packages could still be going by air, though. They'll fly things if there's extra capacity and if it would make sense according to a computer model. I'd suspect there are screwups in the handoff between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back