USPS injured my Melos!
Jun 22, 2007 at 9:23 AM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is visible damage on the box... so hopefully they will see its their problem and correct it. Will probably find out tomorrow.

If you want to file a USPS insurance claim, I don't believe you get the product back. I filed a claim for a Marantz integrated amplifier and tuner set ((For the guy who sold the amplifier to me) that USPS damaged in shipping and never saw it again. I'm not sure whether they finally sent it back to him but I know he originally contacted me that he had not received a check nor the original product back from USPS. It worked out for me because even though the box looked like it was hit by a freight train, the seller I bought it from didn't pack it even close to properly so Paypal refunded my money in full however, if you're expecting to get a check and your Melos be prepared for a big surprise (And quite a bit of attitude from the USPS clerk
mad.gif
)!

Jun 22, 2007 at 10:52 AM Post #35 of 38
Putty is a diy tweak for mass damping. One of the previous owners did it. This is a tweak probably most commonly found used by owners of cheap subwoofers with stamped frame drivers, but it's also been done to prevent microphonics in electronics, next most commonly in cheap cd/dvd players. Some of you may remember the toshiba sd-3950 craze a couple years ago.

auricaps_tucked_to_the_side.jpg

psu_with_schottky_diodes_ceramic_fuse.jpg

Jun 22, 2007 at 12:16 PM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Putty is a diy tweak for mass damping. One of the previous owners did it. This is a tweak probably most commonly found used by owners of cheap subwoofers with stamped frame drivers, but it's also been done to prevent microphonics in electronics, next most commonly in cheap cd/dvd players. Some of you may remember the toshiba sd-3950 craze a couple years ago.

HAHAHAHAHAH.

Anyone find this as absurd as I do??

biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good idea, it has been done before with a SHA-Gold, with rosewood.

But the pics are of a SHA-1.

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to file a USPS insurance claim, I don't believe you get the product back. I filed a claim for a Marantz integrated amplifier and tuner set ((For the guy who sold the amplifier to me) that USPS damaged in shipping and never saw it again. I'm not sure whether they finally sent it back to him but I know he originally contacted me that he had not received a check nor the original product back from USPS. It worked out for me because even though the box looked like it was hit by a freight train, the seller I bought it from didn't pack it even close to properly so Paypal refunded my money in full however, if you're expecting to get a check and your Melos be prepared for a big surprise (And quite a bit of attitude from the USPS clerk
mad.gif
)!

Oh believe me, I won't leave that place without bringing my amp with me. I can't buy a replacement. It still works, and I want to to keep it. If that means only a partial refund, so be it, I won't surrender the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back