USPS Global Express -Guaranteed- problems.
Jan 18, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #46 of 79
Last year I had a package (some crystal) sent from Montreal to Calgary...package was never found...the postal service did pay the insured amount...but what a run around even sugesting they refund the shipping cost, had one person actually say "if you wanted to be assured of delivery you should have used FedEx"
I beleive the package was delivered to the wrong address and someone opened and liked what was inside.
I have also had packages that show acceptance into customs with no further updates for a week to 10 days until the package showed up at my door.

Keep your head up...hope for the best

Jan 18, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #47 of 79
Taxs pay your due to society ???

What makes you so sure the taxes are justified in the first place and that they even are put towards those who need it ?

I know for a fact my government coffers are full to overflowing not to mention they've kept in ancient taxes because they like the extra source of income.

I was doing history and I think it was either a petrol tax or stamp duty they introduced during WWII to raise money for war. Fair enough, why does that tax still exist ?

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #48 of 79
Most of you in the same position would be pitchin' a hissy fit! I'm concerned for any member who may have just lost $4000.00. His age and his employment status doesn't give any of you the right to delve into his personal finances, you sure wouldn't want yours openly discussed on this forum. I know that I would not reply with as much grace and dignity as Akwok has. This forum is better than this, let's give the guy a little bit of support for heaven's sake!
I hope this gets resolved Adrian.

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #50 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Taxs pay your due to society ???

What makes you so sure the taxes are justified in the first place and that they even are put towards those who need it ?

I know for a fact my government coffers are full to overflowing not to mention they've kept in ancient taxes because they like the extra source of income.

I was doing history and I think it was either a petrol tax or stamp duty they introduced during WWII to raise money for war. Fair enough, why does that tax still exist ?

it probably pays for something else nowadays.
and how would you expect all the services the government provides to be there without taxes?

also, taxes are taken for all items. even the ones you buy here for personal use? why should the fact that the item is for personal use exclude it from being taxed?

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #51 of 79
I thought Global Express Guaranteed was the USPS version of Fedex.
It's delivery date guaranteed. 1-2 days. The USPS website shows they give refunds for delayed packages.
Maybe now's the time to put in a claim for loss. But it's only covered for $100 unless you insured the item. and, it's insured for up to $2499, which I don't get.

Jan 18, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #52 of 79
How about we check the political commentary at the door and concentrate on the issue at hand. A major corporation lost a $4000 package and a Head-fier is out an amp at the moment.

Remember, tracking indicates it never left the sorting plant. Was it lifted? Or is it still there? These are the important facts, let's stick with those.

Jan 18, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #53 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of you in the same position would be pitchin' a hissy fit! I'm concerned for any member who may have just lost $4000.00. <snip> let's give the guy a little bit of support for heaven's sake!

QFT
Quote:

I hope this gets resolved Adrian.

Ditto, losing anything through the mail regardless of monetary value blows chunks. Something this expensive, I'd be on the phone 24/7 chewing whomever I could get to listen a new orifice. Best of luck Adrian.

Jan 18, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #54 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought Global Express Guaranteed was the USPS version of Fedex.
It's delivery date guaranteed. 1-2 days. The USPS website shows they give refunds for delayed packages.
Maybe now's the time to put in a claim for loss. But it's only covered for $100 unless you insured the item. and, it's insured for up to $2499, which I don't get.

USPS Global Express Guaranteed is essentially Global Express that is delivered by FedEx. I believe it stays in USPS control until it leaves the country but I could be wrong about that.

Jan 18, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #55 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USPS Global Express Guaranteed is essentially Global Express that is delivered by FedEx. I believe it stays in USPS control until it leaves the country but I could be wrong about that.

That is how it works to Canada.

Jan 18, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #56 of 79
The only reason why I went with GXG was because my Aleph 3 was sent via that method, and it arrived within 20 hours of shipping from MI. That is a 40+lb package, so I thought it would be an awesome way to ship the Aristaeus.

Guess I was wrong!

Nothing much for me to do now but wait, so I will do so and stop thinking about it. It has been affecting my coursework quite a bit this last week, let alone my sleep. If it arrives, it arrives -- if not, I have no choice but to just write it off as a loss and pick up a 'lesser' amp (something like an 007t).

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #57 of 79
This is terrible. Being a university student too, I would be seriously pissed off if shipping lost a $4000, especially considering the kind of shipping you got. How do they manage to screw it up like that? I really hope it works out for you.

Jan 19, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #58 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only reason why I went with GXG was because my Aleph 3 was sent via that method, and it arrived within 20 hours of shipping from MI. That is a 40+lb package, so I thought it would be an awesome way to ship the Aristaeus.

Guess I was wrong!

Nothing much for me to do now but wait, so I will do so and stop thinking about it. It has been affecting my coursework quite a bit this last week, let alone my sleep. If it arrives, it arrives -- if not, I have no choice but to just write it off as a loss and pick up a 'lesser' amp (something like an 007t).

In my opinion it is the responsiblity of the manufacturer to make sure that the package arrives at its designated destination. The customer should not be put out $4000. If this was a store like BH Photo or REI and something like this happened, they would take care of you. I don't see why Headamp can't do this, in fact I'm surprised Justin hasn't tried resolving this with you, especially considering how many times the amp was delayed before it was even shipped. Anyways, I hope this is resolved Adrian. I've been stressing over a mere hundred fifty dollar order from HGA that never arrived (Order put in 12/23) so I can only imagine what you must be going through.

Jan 19, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #60 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Adrian asked him to send it underdeclared. Justin isn't at fault here.

Indeed. Headamp should not be held responsible at all. USPS is at fault for not upholding their end of the bargain and sadly because it was under valued, insurance won't pay out much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back