Using Yahoo! Japan auctions to buy headphones???
Apr 8, 2004 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Zuerst

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't know Japanese, but I want a ATH-W100 which is now discontinued... and Yahoo! Japan is probably one of the better place for that purpose... can anyone help???

Thanks,

EDIT: Yahoo! not ebay Japan...
redface.gif

Apr 8, 2004 at 8:02 AM Post #2 of 10
um, im pretty sure there's no eBay in Japan. however Yahoo Auction is pretty big in Asia

Apr 8, 2004 at 8:06 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
um, im pretty sure there's no eBay in Japan. however Yahoo Auction is pretty big in Asia

Oh yeah... oops that's what I meant. Japan Yahoo auctions...
redface.gif

Apr 8, 2004 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 10
Hi,
If you don't have a friend who speaks Japanese, you can use a "deputy service". They are generally used for buying anime cels on Yahoo Japan now, but many of them will allow you to buy other items too, as long as they're not as large as a refigerator. Two good ones are:
www.animechaos.com (I use this one)
www.rinkya.com

Both provide search engines, of sorts, for browsing yahoo Japan. For looking for headphones, what I do is go to this link:
http://www.animechaos.com/deputy/yhjtranslatedlist.htm
Then click on the "Appliances, AV, Cameras" category. Next, in the upper-left-most textbox, enter ATH-W100 and click the gray button next to it. There you go, 2 W100's right off the bat! You can use a translator like babelfish to try to get the gist of what the seller is saying, but, well, the translated text can often be pretty hilariously unreadable.

Just watch out for the deputy fees and know beforehand what you'll be paying, they can catch me off gaurd sometimes! Every now and then they'll have a sale on their fees, if you can wait.

Heh, I was looking for W100's too a couple months ago, but now that I've got HD650s I lost the craving
biggrin.gif
Good luck!

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 10
The info in this thread is kind of old. Can anyone share a more updated list of recommended Yahoo Auction deputy services? Also, do these services charge a fee even if you don't win the auction? From the few sites I've looked at I can't tell from there fees descriptions. Thanks

Sep 10, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 10
I believe Head-Fi member Lobstersan runs a service similar to that. Many ppl have used it and were satisfied (I have not personally). His website is www.kuboTEN.com

Rinkya still works. I used their service earlier this year before I knew about lobstersan's service.

Sep 11, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing I can't figure out is if you get charged a fee even if you don't win the auction.

Most of them do not. They require a deposit but, if you don't win, it's refunded.

I've used several services in the past and some are very expensive. kuboTEN looks good but I personally recommend these guys:

Japan Records

They will even provide you an excel spreadsheet showing all of the fees in advance. Very nice.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back