using the lavry da11 without seeing the screen?
Apr 19, 2011 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone, I am looking for a new dac and the lavry da11 is at the top of my list together with the new nuforce dac-9. I am blind though and I am now reading the user manual for the lavry. The user interface doesnt seem all that easy since apparently you cant switch from input to input or from output with a dedicated switch but need a menu system. I wonder if it is easy to memorize? Also I wonder if its possible to switch the outputs from switched to variable? I also read in the manual that itis not recommended to use the da11 with earbudsor other headphones designed for portable players. I would like to use it with the westone es5 custom iems. Has anyone used the lavry da11 with iems? Thanks in advance for any information, Greetings, Anouk,

May 7, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 3
I used headphone out of my DA11 with fisher audio DBA-02, it works totally well. It is noise free.
DBA-02 is very sensitive so I think it should be ok to use others with DA11.

May 7, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 3
Hello, well thats all perfectly fine and good but that still does not clear the question wether or not you can use the unit WITHOUT A SCREEN. Anyway I talked to the folks at lavry and they dont recommend using the unit with efficient iems and variphone doesnt do warranty on es5 that got broken because of mismatched equipment so the lavry is off my list now which only contains the dacmini by centrance and the nuforce dac-9. Greetings, Anouk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back