Using my iMac and USB output is there an "equalizer" type program so I can fine tune my audio output before it gets to my amp?
May 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 7
WOW. I havnt been on this web site for a couple of years but trying to get some help is like pulling teeth. Many will read, but no help. Problem is the people that read that are interested in learning something cant answer. And the people that know everything poopoo on everybody because they are so smart and wonder why everybody else doesnt know the answer to questions that are common knowledge for THEM! I know that this post hasnt been up for long but my last one has been up there for 2 days with no response. Maybe this will get a response. Who has jacked off while looking at a pair of HD800's LOL! ****ty headphones at best is a complement!!!

May 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #3 of 7
Irrational immature bitter post much?
You realize it was the middle of the night for most people when you posted right? So perhaps you should have just a bit more patience instead of lashing out when the world doesn't come to your rescue when you snap your fingers.

Now then, 
Itunes has an EQ. Amarra can use iTunes as a GUI using sonic.

What is it that you currently use, and what about it doesn't work?

I use Audirvana Plus, it has no EQ features, and bypasses iTunes built in EQ, so Amarra or iTunes are 2 ways you can achieve that.
Also buying components that sound the way you want is another route, and you don't have to worry about EQ.

May 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Yup. There is a reason I dont drink much. I was just trying to get a response. Bad or Good. I am using my iMac to stream music off spotify mostly and some iTunes thru the USB to my Audio gd DAC and My Audio GD C2 amp. I love the sound for the most part. Just needs a little tweek for my taste. I had almost this same setup years ago but they dont make the same components anymore.

May 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
Yup. There is a reason I dont drink much. I was just trying to get a response. Bad or Good. I am using my iMac to stream music off spotify mostly and some iTunes thru the USB to my Audio gd DAC and My Audio GD C2 amp. I love the sound for the most part. Just needs a little tweek for my taste. I had almost this same setup years ago but they dont make the same components anymore.

With stuff like spotify or groove shark, I have no idea. Sorry.

May 18, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #7 of 7
"Create an Equalizer for All Audio in Mac OS X"
http://osxdaily.com/2012/05/18/equalizer-for-all-audio-mac-os-x/

This uses Soundflower and AU Lab. Both of which are free to download. Have not tried it myself yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back