Using Asus Essence STX and Titanium Xi-Fi HD at the same time
Jun 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

d4rkka0s

New Head-Fier
Currently I am using my Asus Essence STX for my speakers and Windows default device for internet, movies and music. However, I would like to dedicate my Titanium Xi-Fi HD to gaming, specically CS:GO through my headphones. Whenever I try to enable the Titanium, I get no sounds out of the headphones. Any suggestions or solutions to solve this situation? THanks in advance.

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Currently I am using my Asus Essence STX for my speakers and Windows default device for internet, movies and music. However, I would like to dedicate my Titanium Xi-Fi to gaming, specically CS:GO through my headphones. Whenever I try to enable the Titanium, I get no sounds out of the headphones. Any suggestions or solutions to solve this situation? THanks in advance.

I would say to sell off both the Titanium (non-HD?) and Essence STX and buy the Titanium HD with a Schiit Magni amp.

Jul 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
whoops, Sorry, I meant to say I have a Titanium HD Xi-Fi

Cool, you already have a Titanium HD.
So sell off the Essence STX and buy an external headphone amplifier (Schiit Magni $99) to plug into the Titanium HD.
Also plug the speakers into the Titanium HD.
What computer speakers do you have?

Jul 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #5 of 8
I have Logitech Z623. I bought the Essence STX because its a better sound card for music. I already spent a decent amount on buying the soundcards and AD700. Any other thoughts or solutions?

Jul 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
I have Logitech Z623. I bought the Essence STX because its a better sound card for music. I already spent a decent amount on buying the sound cards and AD700. Any other thoughts or solutions?

Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS?
Otherwise the problem is beyond me.

One thing the surprises me, the Titanium HD with an external headphone amplifier (Schiit Magni), should equal the sound quality (headphone wise) of the Essence STX, might even best it a little.
As the Titanium HD has a slightly better DAC and buffer op-amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back